World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    So are you saying Southgate instructed the team to deliberately lose against Belgium?
    Not explicitly, no. More like just not go all out to get back into the game. Jeff described it quite well in the post above.

Another example is keeping his first choice players on the bench after going a goal down, which he'd never have done if he really needed the victory. Overall it was a case of not giving 100% because he didn't need to, in the knowledge that it wasn't necessarily in his best interests.

Comment

• I've read so many people saying that England were wrong to take the 'easy' route but you still have to beat who is in front of you and as we saw yesterday with goals anything can happen in a football match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

So are you saying Southgate instructed the team to deliberately lose against Belgium?
        He didn't fall far short of saying it... and he was right to.

######## to those who say we should be embarrassed to seek a path not including the best teams in the World. Most people couldn't tell you the routes taken by previous winners - including '66 - but everyone remembers who won the trophy.

We have the best chance to reach the final since 66 - and an easier route than that tournament - and we should and did do everything we could to ensure we had that chance

Comment

• Right finished work, now back into the routine

Comment

• England should still do OK but very conservative selection. A.young vs Sweden? He's really gonna scare them cutting inside yet again.

Comment

• 26 mins gone go long ball show some variety Ali nit at the races.Sterling needs to do more,Young cant cross.Need to move the ball quicker and make the commit.
              Come on England

Comment

• Excellent set piece now they have to come out

Comment

• How much did Sterling go to city for ? Then there's got to be hope that we can get a fee for Washington

Comment

• Excellent 1st half by England ,they should be more than 1 up

Comment

• Super super England.......
                      I criticised Pickford for pushing the ball into on rushing strikers.
                      My god he was a god today, Jordon son take a bow.......Brilliant

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Super super England.......
                        I criticised Pickford for pushing the ball into on rushing strikers.
                        My god he was a god today, Jordon son take a bow.......Brilliant
                        I was also unsure about Pickford, especially as he was selected for his distribution, which looked iffy at times.
                        But he had a blinder, little glimpses of 70s Shilton shinning through.
                        Roll on Wednesday
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Finally spotted a QPR England flag, St George's Cross with QPR badge in corner of flag, saw it in celebrations at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I was also unsure about Pickford, especially as he was selected for his distribution, which looked iffy at times.
                            But he had a blinder, little glimpses of 70s Shilton shinning through.
                            Roll on Wednesday
                            That was on the whole a calm assertive display from England I thought Fraggs.
                            Sterling frustrating but he keeps them honest. Maguire immense, and Kane so intelligent, & unselfish.
                            Trippier Walker, ....the list just goes on fantastic team

Comment

• Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                              Finally spotted a QPR England flag, St George's Cross with QPR badge in corner of flag, saw it in celebrations at the end.
                              They mentioned QPR fans/flag on radio 5 before kick-off. Made me feel strangely proud.
                              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Which is harder to believe England in a WC semi or Washington scoring in a friendly today.

Comment

Working...
                                X