World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    as I said,losing to Belgium was a fantastic result for England .
    suggested exactly that outcome after the Tunisia game on this very thread. Which was why I also predicted that both sides would make changes for that one.

vs Sweden it's worth playing D.Rose for a bit of pace and an ability to check out wide (unlike Ashley Young). Rose more
    of a threat vs this lot.

He has to get Rashford on the park sooner rather than later, looks more likely to score from open play than any of the others. Looks sharp.
    If Raheem plays, I just want him taking them on. Type of game that could suit him. Would play him in tandem with Rashford, those
    two would be a threat to Sweden because they have the pace and ability to turn defenders. Swedes can mop up high ball all day long.
    They'll set up like Iceland did, two banks of four lying deep. To unlock that pace is everything, hence the suggestions.

Comment

• Here's one Welshman wishing England all the best for today. I will be in the pub cheering you on, without wearing the three lions! Come on England!

Comment

• Only 0830 and I'm nervous as fark

Comment

• Good luck to England today. Please beat the Swedish team.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Not feeling it myself much more of a club man and more nervous when we play and certainly more affected by our results.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Here's one Welshman wishing England all the best for today. I will be in the pub cheering you on, without wearing the three lions! Come on England!
              And another Welshman right here who's been backing England since the start of the tournament. Always back a home nation.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Here's hoping for another good result. A strong performance would be a bonus Cmon England

Last edited by acricketer; 07-07-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Sweden had to evacuate their hotel this morning because of a fire alarm going off, sound familiar ? remember the play off in Cardiff, maybe some R's fans out there you know who you are?? just recalled the situation and used it to England's advantage. WELL DONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Best save of the WC so far. Pickford's vs Columbia?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/footb...-at-world-cup/
                    Haven't seen that before. Absolutely brilliant!

Comment

• England have a better team than Sweden and Croatia(and russia) and they should overcome both,obviously France or Belgium is a different matter but thanks to the huge slice of fortune they were handed after losing to Belgium and ending in the way easier half of the draw,and by the fact I fully accept they are a good team they will never have a better chance to make it to the final.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            the huge slice of fortune they were handed after losing to Belgium and ending in the way easier half of the draw,
                            It would be most presumptuous to assume that was just good fortune, and not a shrewd and deliberate ploy by Southgate.

Comment

• Yep as soon as the Belgium goal went in we kinda stopped trying Even Rashford meant to hit that shot wide. Would always back him to score those normally

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

It would be most presumptuous to assume that was just good fortune, and not a shrewd and deliberate ploy by Southgate.
                                So are you saying Southgate instructed the team to deliberately lose against Belgium?

Comment

Working...
                                X