World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
    Very difficult game for the ref to control, near riot situation at times, impossible for one man to see everything in real time, yes Var is helpful up to a point but at times there were so many things happening at the same time that nobody could see all of them.
    I thought the ref was weak myself. Should have stamped out the niggle in the game early on in my opinion. That melee in the build up to Kane's penalty was embarrassing.

Aside from Pickford, who I thought was excellent, I wasn't hugely impressed with England last night. I think they will go out in the semis. Croatia look a good side, and Russia have the nation behind them. The other side of the draw is where I see the winner coming from though. 4 very good sides!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Croatia look a good side, and Russia have the nation behind them.
      Certainly not to be underestimated, but personally don't see a great deal to fear from either of those teams (or Sweden) - assuming we turn up on the day, and we do our homework on them, which GS always does.

Comment

• Belgium are on a 22 game unbeaten run. Can see that going another 3 to be honest.

Comment

• Comment

• now that the world cup fever is in full effect and we're all cautiously optimistic, what would you rather happen ... england winning the world cup or qpr winning the championship?

Comment

• I'll take England winning the world cup first. Seen QPR win the championship so would go for England.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                now that the world cup fever is in full effect and we're all cautiously optimistic, what would you rather happen ... england winning the world cup or qpr winning the championship?
                QPR all day long every day of the week, every week of the year

Comment

• Sorry, England winning the world Cup for me.
                  If it was us winning the premier league then I’d take that all day long obviously.
                  There’s a behind the goal video of Pickfords save just before they equalised. It’s on Facebook but I don’t know how to share it on here.
                  Truly astonishing, easily the save of the tournament by far.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

• Can only be the Rangers anytime !!

Comment

• we have a togetherness as a team , but we lack creativity . henderson is awful don't know how he get's in the team . dier isn't much better gave the ball away a lot last nite and was slow , HK is class holds the ball up so well draws a lot of fouls but we lack any midfield player to see the pass to set him up , how many chances did they give him last nite , i reckon that the team spirit could take us past sweden and russia /croatia .... a bit of luck on the way and we could make the final

Comment

• Yeah and those Spanish and Croatian midfields really showed us how to do it in their last games

Comment

• Sweden are not great and take Kane away neither are we, Saturday will be a battle and are very hard game as it always is against them. I hope Kane is the difference as he is the one player you can rely on to perform.

Comment

• We should be wary of Sweden they love playing us.
                            And I appreciate we don't have a Brazil or Germany to play
                            but Croatia as well as Sweden are going to be far from walkovers for us

Comment

• We seem to play all our cards in first 30 minutes and if that doesn't work its plan B, trouble is what is plan B?
                              Not being critical it's how the games have looked on TV. I still think we have a good squad though and a team spirit that's not been seen for decades, we have a decent chance and we can take it, the way we play at the start of games we are due to go 2 - 0 up in a tough game, hopefully Saturday.
                              Regardless of how we do I think this world Cup has been brilliant and hopefully the magic continues for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Croatia as well as Sweden are going to be far from walkovers for us
                                I agree Dave, but at the same time do we genuinely have anything to fear about them? Corbray summed it up well for England fans a few posts back - cautious optimism.

Comment

Working...
                                X