No announcement yet.

World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so disappointed when they equalised I so didn't want pens.
    But now having won through, et, and pens is the best thing that could have happened.
    Them lads have now got through a very hostile environment, a very hostile cheating team
    and won the shootout.
    That experience shows they have guts and nerve, will serve them well

Comment

• Nobody has commented on Pickfords unbelievable save in the last few mins of game,best save of the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Nobody has commented on Pickfords unbelievable save in the last few mins of game,best save of the tournament?
        Yes, and not to mention that penalty save!

He's certainly silenced his critics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yes, and not to mention that penalty save!

He's certainly silenced his critics.

Comment

• Very difficult game for the ref to control, near riot situation at times, impossible for one man to see everything in real time, yes Var is helpful up to a point but at times there were so many things happening at the same time that nobody could see all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
              Very difficult game for the ref to control, near riot situation at times, impossible for one man to see everything in real time, yes Var is helpful up to a point but at times there were so many things happening at the same time that nobody could see all of them.
              I have to disagree. Got the penalty decision right but this was a game where we needed a strong ref. I felt the american ref got bullied and very rattled. I can't believe we have no refs from this country out there. Having champions league experience would make a huge difference, where this bloke is Reffing some mls mickey mouse game, all wrong in my eyes. I'd also add england were extremely poor. Henderson shocking along with Ali. No way do we have a midfield to compete but we have a good chance against Sweden and to get to a semi final will be huge but Belgium and France would really highlight how poor this england side is
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I'd also add england were extremely poor. Henderson shocking along with Ali. No way do we have a midfield to compete but we have a good chance against Sweden and to get to a semi final will be huge but Belgium and France would really highlight how poor this england side is
                Absolute nonsense. I'm no fan of Henderson but in no way was his performance shocking.

Comment

I have to disagree. Got the penalty decision right but this was a game where we needed a strong ref. I felt the american ref got bullied and very rattled. I can't believe we have no refs from this country out there. Having champions league experience would make a huge difference, where this bloke is Reffing some mls mickey mouse game, all wrong in my eyes. I'd also add england were extremely poor. Henderson shocking along with Ali. No way do we have a midfield to compete but we have a good chance against Sweden and to get to a semi final will be huge but Belgium and France would really highlight how poor this england side is
                  If true,too many foreign players in each pemiership team could be one of the explanations.
                  Last edited by Stanley; 04-07-2018, 09:34 AM. Reason: fixed quotes
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Belgium and France would really highlight how poor this england side is
                    We've already played Belgium and that was far from the case. Did you not watch the game? Played a second string side too.

Comment

We've already played Belgium and that was far from the case. Did you not watch the game? Played a second string side too.
                      To be fair, bar Rashford's effort, Belgium's second string never looked in trouble against our B team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

To be fair, bar Rashford's effort, Belgium's second string never looked in trouble against our B team.
                        Dead rubber though wasn't it Mush. Moreover there was actually a disincentive to win, which we are now reaping the benefits from in this side of the draw, and will most likely prove Belgium's undoing in either the quarters or semis IMO.

Comment

• I agree about Alli not playing well. Hasn't at all so far. Kinda looks like this is all too much for him. And we lack any dominant creative player on the bench to replace him. It's a shame the Ox was injured before the tournament. England and English clubs now need to come together and try and improve England's future chances by giving our players more of a chance rather than buying foreign all the time. Henderson doing very well holding the midfield together at times. Growing as a player for me. The one thing i do have a gripe about is the way we always look to pass back first rather than forward. Especially the defence. Almost looks like a hot potato and like 'I'll quickly get rid of the ball as i don't want the responsibility of having it' almost looks like they can't figure out who to pass too. But having said that defensively they have all done brilliant. Maguire coming into his own and at first looked nervous but last night looked like a warrior. Trippier (Trip Ya as my non footballing friend thought he was called) has been our best player so far. For his lack of international experience is handling it so well and looks so solid. Kane our most important forward player by a mile. No one can handle him and get this NEYMAR IF YOU'RE READING. HARRY gets kicked all over the place too and NEVER moans. Almost welcomes the fouling against him.as it pushes us forward and gives us chances. Moving on I'd like to see us be more creative and faster as we're much better that way. Bring on Sweden. Oh and Pickfords save near the end was a great one but all to no avail as they scored from the resulting corner. But a great penalty save which ultimately won us the shootout.

Comment

Dead rubber though wasn't it Mush. Moreover there was actually a disincentive to win, which we are now reaping the benefits from in this side of the draw, and will most likely prove Belgium's undoing in either the quarters or semis IMO.
                            True.

One thing though, if Belgium do get to the final, it may be a benefit to them having knocked out some very good sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post

If true,too many foreign players in each pemiership team could be one of the explanations.
                              I doubt that. Yes, some 50 Championship players would play in the Premier league and would become better. But top players would not achieve the standard they are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

I doubt that. Yes, some 50 Championship players would play in the Premier league and would become better. But top players would not achieve the standard they are now.
                                Maybe, English players generally thrive from training and playing with more tecnically gifted players. That is also a possibilty.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X