World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    The days of Kempes, Luque, Bertoni, Passarella and Menotti are long gone. The Argies are so poor. Oh well.
    I agree that they are nowhere near as good these days and the manager has made some bad choices with his squad selection (i.e. Mascherano in and Icardi out) , but also his team and subs (Higuain should have started against Iceland as he is decent in the air and they needed him).

However, today's match could have been so different if the ref and VAR had chosen to make the correct decision on Rebic's foul. That challenge was reckless and dangerous and he was nowhere near the ball. I just cannot understand how any qualified ref from anywhere around the world could not see that as such and thereby issuing a red card. Croatia were not playing that well and had they gone down to 10 men I think we might have seen a different outcome.

Comment

• I love it when cheating, filthy cntus get mullahed.

Comment

• Would love Nigeria to do a job and finish them off. Just proves like us a few years back that you can have good players but if they all have ego's bigger than the teams/clubs objectives then they will fail. No one played for each other and quite plainly couldn't be ar$ed to put in the effort.

Comment

• Now watch them scrape through and go on and win it ! Hope Iceland win today just to make that more unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree that they are nowhere near as good these days and the manager has made some bad choices with his squad selection (i.e. Mascherano in and Icardi out) , but also his team and subs (Higuain should have started against Iceland as he is decent in the air and they needed him).

However, today's match could have been so different if the ref and VAR had chosen to make the correct decision on Rebic's foul. That challenge was reckless and dangerous and he was nowhere near the ball. I just cannot understand how any qualified ref from anywhere around the world could not see that as such and thereby issuing a red card. Croatia were not playing that well and had they gone down to 10 men I think we might have seen a different outcome.
            I aree. The tackle you are refering to was dangerous and, if Rebic`s would have punished like he should, it could have changed the outcome of the match. But on the whole, I feel that Argentinian football is going thorugh an identity crisis atm: the Messi erea is soon coming to an end and "what are going to do about that"? The days when they produced Maverics are like I commented long gone and their defence are very poor.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              Would love Nigeria to do a job and finish them off. Just proves like us a few years back that you can have good players but if they all have ego's bigger than the teams/clubs objectives then they will fail. No one played for each other and quite plainly couldn't be ar$ed to put in the effort.
              That´s where Iceland are suceeding, isn`t it? England the same, I feel.

QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                That the Hareem, Kirill?

I think it logical to assume that England will make the last 16. If that happens they'll meet first or second in group H, which to be frank looks poor.

I think it therefore reasonable to suggest that the have at least a 50% of making the last 8.

Comment

• Looks a lot of fun...

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Okay, apparently video above is from The Euros.

Is the guy in The Rangers shirt at the start of this video, a member on here?

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• A WC scrutiny by one of my favourite intellectuals Gad Saad, who is also an ex-pro so does have some footballing credibility too. I completely agree with his analysis of Messi, Ronaldo and Maradonna comparisons in that whilst Messi is probably the most technically skilful of the three, he is also psychologically the weakest, which has always proved his undoing on the world stage for his country. And that it is Ronaldo and Maradonna's arrogance and swagger (not to mention supreme skills) that afforded them so much success:

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        A WC scrutiny by one of my favourite intellectuals Gad Saad, who is also an ex-pro so does have some footballing credibility too. I completely agree with his analysis of Messi, Ronaldo and Maradonna comparisons in that whilst Messi is probably the most technically skilful of the three, he is also psychologically the weakest, which has always proved his undoing on the world stage for his country. And that it is Ronaldo and Maradonna's arrogance and swagger (not to mention supreme skills) that afforded them so much success:

Belgium......WTF
                        Idiot needs his head testing.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Belgium......WTF
                          Idiot needs his head testing.
                          Think that was a tongue in cheek comment at the end. He admires their talented players and likes to support the underdog but don't think he's realistically saying they can win it. Just said he was supporting them.

Comment

• Nigeria played like a team yesterday. Long may it continue: they are a joy to watch.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Italy lost their first game in the 1994 World Cup, the same sentiments were expressed about their prospects at that time as about Germany’s this time, didn’t stop them getting to the final, just saying, it’s too early to write off Argentina too, I also think England have a reasonable chance of making it to the last 4 and possibly beyond, if they can just hold their nerve

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Think that was a tongue in cheek comment at the end. He admires their talented players and likes to support the underdog but don't think he's realistically saying they can win it. Just said he was supporting them.
                                I got that Stan.
                                Mine was slightly tongue in cheek too but with a hint of “who the hell would support Belgium”
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X