No announcement yet.

World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As an aside, England stand a better chance of progressing futrher in the comp if they come second in the group.

Comment

• It's 'fill yer boots' day tomorrow for Groups A and B.

Comment

• I'm as surprised as the rest of you that there is a World Cup going on.

Comment

• Can we rename this thread "The acricketer Thread"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Crap performance, let's face it. Belgium will batter that lot. But England should have 6 points by the time they play them so it shouldn't matter.
            Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            By comparison with who though? Germany? Brazil? Argentina?
            My thoughts precisely.

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            I'm staggered that so many people on here are dissing the side.
            That's just a part of the English self-flagellating tradition.

With that being said though, look how few St George's flags you see on cars and lorries this time round. Look at the overall apathy of the nation this year by comparison to previous tournaments. And you can understand it considering the amount of false dawns there've been over the decades. Expectations are far lower this time and that is healthy IMO. Finally the public are being more realistic.
            Last edited by Stanley; 19-06-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• I like Senegals's kit

Comment

• Alli or Loftus-Cheek?

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

By comparison with who though? Germany? Brazil? Argentina?

I'm staggered that so many people on here are dissing the side. Almost as though they believe we have a divine right to be belting in four or five per half.

I thought it was an encouraging performance, particularly on the tactical front, although there are a couple of tweeks needed ie:

Not compared to anyone, compared to a good performance. There were many moments where all 3 defenders looked nervous as hell, misplaced simple passes all over the park, chances missed that should have been put away. None of those constitute a good performance. If that had been QPR performing the exact same way, many on here including yourself would have moaned about it. The first 20-30mins were great, sure, but after that it wasn't good.
                  And I'm a Wales fan, so this is an outside perspective.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• VAR = Vladimir assisted referee!!!

I also thought a lot of passing was way off a good standard. Especially the defence. Harry McGuire seemed very nervous and all 3 cb's looked like they didn't have a clue who to pass to. I would prefer to only have 2 cb's for Panama as 3 looked wasted. Rather put Vardy up front.
                    Last edited by qprjeff1882; 20-06-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Not compared to anyone, compared to a good performance. There were many moments where all 3 defenders looked nervous as hell, misplaced simple passes all over the park, chances missed that should have been put away. None of those constitute a good performance. If that had been QPR performing the exact same way, many on here including yourself would have moaned about it. The first 20-30mins were great, sure, but after that it wasn't good.
                      And I'm a Wales fan, so this is an outside perspective.
                      Agree ginge the number of quality crosses was astounding,specsavers beckons for some.
                      Also the finishing was stupendous

Comment

Not compared to anyone, compared to a good performance. There were many moments where all 3 defenders looked nervous as hell, misplaced simple passes all over the park, chances missed that should have been put away.
                        But if you can't compare the performance to other teams 1st games in the competition, 'good' becomes a bit meaningless. What matters in a competition is how good you are relative to the rest of them. And by that standard, it was a fair performance.

England will always concede given the system they play, loaded with attacking MFs. But that doesn't matter if you can score more. England should have had more, agreed, plus even David Ellery, who supervises and consequently defends VAR, has said that they should have had two Kane incidents reviewed.

What is really important though is that they have a coherent set up which plays to squad strengths. That was seldom the case in the Lampard / Gerrard era, to take just one example.

Comment

• International football not about entertainment it’s about results.

Comment

• The thing that has amazed me so far is that there isn't one stand out team,Spain Brazil Germany ect ,russia who are the lowest rank team have scored 8 goals in 2 games and look impressive but surely won't progress to last 8.
                            England will definitely make last 8

​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              England will definitely make last 8
                              laugh460.jpg
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• The days of Kempes, Luque, Bertoni, Passarella and Menotti are long gone. The Argies are so poor. Oh well.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X