Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm just a wary Stan, you like me have seen this all before haven't we?

    Comment


    • Indeed so Dave. So many false dawns. A bit like supporting QPR

      Comment


      • Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        I'm just a wary Stan, you like me have seen this all before haven't we?
        No, we haven't!

        What normally happens is we get ourselves carried away and we get knocked out by one of the best teams in the World who we thought we were on par with. This time, the only time we will meet one of the best in the World is in the Final.

        Don't get me wrong, Sweden, Russia and Croatia will be tough but we normally beat teams of that ilk and that's not being disrespectful to them. We have gone 10 years without losing a competitive home game, had 1 away competitive non tournament defeat in 10 years and are justifiably third favorites. Apart from Iceland, who were a shock defeat but we've never won a European Championships knock-out match anyway, we have only lost in tournaments to Germany, Uruguay and Italy. in the last 10 years.

        That is why we can justifiably have a bit of optimisim this year.

        This is VERY different.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Indeed so Dave. So many false dawns. A bit like supporting QPR
          Absolutely ....the hope thingy springs to mind

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OldR View Post

            No, we haven't!

            What normally happens is we get ourselves carried away and we get knocked out by one of the best teams in the World who we thought we were on par with. This time, the only time we will meet one of the best in the World is in the Final.

            Don't get me wrong, Sweden, Russia and Croatia will be tough but we normally beat teams of that ilk and that's not being disrespectful to them. We have gone 10 years without losing a competitive home game, had 1 away competitive non tournament defeat in 10 years and are justifiably third favorites. Apart from Iceland, who were a shock defeat but we've never won a European Championships knock-out match anyway, we have only lost in tournaments to Germany, Uruguay and Italy. in the last 10 years.

            That is why we can justifiably have a bit of optimisim this year.

            This is VERY different.
            Yes good point Old......but I'm still wary of the 3 we could meet before the final

            Comment


            • I'm sure England could've done this to Brazil too!!

              Comment


              • What happened to the Brazilian style of play?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  What happened to the Brazilian style of play?
                  After the wax they put their shorts back on so they're indistinguishable from other teams.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Undecided View Post

                    After the wax they put their shorts back on so they're indistinguishable from other teams.
                    Maybe,But they must also have stopped developing their youngsters tecnique from a young age. Copacobana is probably history.

                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

                    Comment


                    • Hazard was immense in that game, some player

                      Comment


                      • No Belgian choke late, what an amazing world cup.

                        Comment


                        • Brilliant game of football. Belgium looking favourites at the mo.

                          Comment


                          • Best world Cup I've seen, regardless of who wins it I think its been brilliant.

                            Comment


                            • Unfortunately one of the best 2 teams left in the world cup will go out in the semi final,in the other half of the competition I suspect England will overcome Sweden tomorrow (in extra time maybe),and face a very average Croatia in the semi's, as I said,losing to Belgium was a fantastic result for England .

                              Comment


                              • Best save of the WC so far. Pickford's vs Columbia?


                                https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/footb...-at-world-cup/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X