No announcement yet.

John Lewis Warehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wests, have you considered passing this on to the club? It may well be on their radar, but nothing to lose by trying, eh?

Comment

The blurb indicates its for rent. Is it for sale? Wouldn't renting push up expenses adding pressure to FFP?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Wests, have you considered passing this on to the club? It may well be on their radar, but nothing to lose by trying, eh?
        No mate I just assumed they would have people monitoring the message boards and if of interest they would do the rest

undy would guess if land can be rented it can also be bought at right price

Comment

Park Royal uses a small footpath to get to the underground. Terrible transport links.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Don't like the location, no character. Scrubs is best option for me.
            Sure. Linford is a better bet, feels more R like. Park Royal is anonymous.

Park Royal uses a small footpath to get to the underground. Terrible transport links.
            LC isn't ideal either, but still more do-able than PR

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i'd love for a bigger more modern version of LR with more leg room. i love loftus road but it is outdated now and for a tall guy like me sandwiched in between 2 other tall guys its bloody painful and uncomfortable being folded up like a pretzel with my knees digging into the seat infront of me
              I'm 6ft and sit in the upper Loft, I know exactly what you're talking about! Whatever we get will be an improvement in terms of leg room and facilities, but I really want us to avoid building a stadium without any character. When you look at Swansea, Leicester, Southampton, Reading etc, they all have new, functional stadiums, but they're ugly and boring as hell! I agree, our new stadium should be scaled-up version of Loftus Road with 25k max capacity. I even think we should keep the pitch the same size.

Comment

In fairness the OAC stadium mock ups were showing us with a nice stadium, not a bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i'd love for a bigger more modern version of LR with more leg room. i love loftus road but it is outdated now and for a tall guy like me sandwiched in between 2 other tall guys its bloody painful and uncomfortable being folded up like a pretzel with my knees digging into the seat infront of me
                  It's not just you tall guys who feel that way. Those of us who are smaller also feel uncomfortable and have our knees touching the seat in front. Quite frankly, Loftus Road is too small to provide decent leg room never mind a bigger capacity. I would like higher steps too, so that views are not impacted by having taller people sat in front of you.

A bigger capacity is vital as it would help with generating a bigger income which is needed even more now given the FFP rules.

A new stadium is a must and is quite urgently needed, but I seriously doubt that the current owners are genuine about wanting one built. They have talked about it since taking over 7 years ago and surely could have found a site by now
                  other than the OOC site. Is the Linford Christie one still an option? They appointed Beard as CE for his knowledge on getting sites developed, but they need someone like him to just concentrate on getting the training ground sorted and now a stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I'm 6ft and sit in the upper Loft, I know exactly what you're talking about! Whatever we get will be an improvement in terms of leg room and facilities, but I really want us to avoid building a stadium without any character. When you look at Swansea, Leicester, Southampton, Reading etc, they all have new, functional stadiums, but they're ugly and boring as hell! I agree, our new stadium should be scaled-up version of Loftus Road with 25k max capacity. I even think we should keep the pitch the same size.
                    I agree that the stadium should be a more modern version of Loftus Road, but I would like a 30,000 capacity, even if only so that we can at least hope to fill it in the event f the club being successful as they were in the 80s & 90s, not forgetting the early - mid 70s. The attendances in those days were lower than 30,000, but most clubs didn't get as big crowds they get now either.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree that the stadium should be a more modern version of Loftus Road, but I would like a 30,000 capacity, even if only so that we can at least hope to fill it in the event f the club being successful as they were in the 80s & 90s, not forgetting the early - mid 70s. The attendances in those days were lower than 30,000, but most clubs didn't get as big crowds they get now either.
                      We'd want to be clever about it, something to remember is if we build a new stadium there will presumably the option to increase capacity, an option we don't have at the moment. I'd say start small and grow. Once we have more stability on the pitch and can see season ticket sales increase then we can expand - do it when there's the demand and the climate is right.

Comment

Any news on the training ground?
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

when is this happening? have i missed something
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Any news on the training ground?
                            There was actually. Think they have started initial clearing work pending final appeal

Comment

The land at PR would sell at about £25m+ plus permission and cost of demolishing and transporting waste of a perfectly good warehouse would cost another £10m approx. That's £35m before you start.
                              ( It was leased to John Lewis for £1.5m per annum. LC would be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

It's not just you tall guys who feel that way. Those of us who are smaller also feel uncomfortable and have our knees touching the seat in front. Quite frankly, Loftus Road is too small to provide decent leg room never mind a bigger capacity. I would like higher steps too, so that views are not impacted by having taller people sat in front of you.

A bigger capacity is vital as it would help with generating a bigger income which is needed even more now given the FFP rules.

A new stadium is a must and is quite urgently needed, but I seriously doubt that the current owners are genuine about wanting one built. They have talked about it since taking over 7 years ago and surely could have found a site by now
                                other than the OOC site. Is the Linford Christie one still an option? They appointed Beard as CE for his knowledge on getting sites developed, but they need someone like him to just concentrate on getting the training ground sorted and now a stadium.
                                had a fella sit in front of me in richmond odeon a couple of weeks back , he had this stupid bouffant hairstyle ( took up half the screen ) , had to move seats

Comment

Working...
                                X