Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Lewis Warehouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John Lewis Warehouse

    We were linked with this site by West Acton & Park Royal stations year or so ago as possible site for new ground. Cargiant ended up there temporarily but see itís up for grabs again

    would say itís plenty big enough if sole intention is a ground, if they wanted more then ground such as hotels etc then footprint is not big enough

    Think we should be investigating this site as option

  • #2
    Wouldn't John Lewis be more inclined to use it now that there's a big store in Westfield?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019



    Summer Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT
    Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

    Comment


    • #3
      If there is clear intent to invest and build a new stadium, this would be the clear choice of site to go for.
      Would much rather that than being stuck down in the scrubs area.

      Bungle has been preaching for the last two years of how difficult it is to buy land around w12.
      Here is his chance if he is serious.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

      Comment


      • #4
        There's two. Is it the delivery warehouse with the 40ft lorries or the one with all the cars (check out google maps)

        Comment


        • #5
          To be honest if we ever do move from Loftus Road I will be gutted. Its old it has some terrible seats but it's ours, loved the picture in the last home programme v brum of the people waiting for loft to open in the 40's, all shorts flat caps and rattles, some 30 years later I was waiting in the same place for the gates to open with same stairs in background but no rattles shorts or flat caps, was Dr martens and a silk scarf tied to wrist (remember them?!)
          Hope we stay put as long as possible.

          Comment


          • #6
            I thought this was a new posh signing we'd made.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              We were linked with this site by West Acton & Park Royal stations year or so ago as possible site for new ground. Cargiant ended up there temporarily but see itís up for grabs again

              would say itís plenty big enough if sole intention is a ground, if they wanted more then ground such as hotels etc then footprint is not big enough

              Think we should be investigating this site as option
              is this the site?

              https://www.aspectpc.co.uk/assets/Ke...Park-Royal.pdf



              I have supported Rangers for 49 seasons.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thatís the one Dave.

                Looked on google maps and it looks plenty big enough for smart stadium plus if you bought up some local units potential to add other bits like shop etc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Wouldn't John Lewis be more inclined to use it now that there's a big store in Westfield?
                  They have got rid of both sites in area (North Acton one to for HS2) and relocated to Croydon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    They have got rid of both sites in area (North Acton one to for HS2) and relocated to Croydon
                    They've just recently signed up to be the anchor tenant on a new Westfield to be built here so that ties in.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Thatís the one Dave.

                      Looked on google maps and it looks plenty big enough for smart stadium plus if you bought up some local units potential to add other bits like shop etc
                      The site is big enough at 12 acres, but lots of houses to the west and south who may not want a football ground on their door step.
                      I have supported Rangers for 49 seasons.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

                        The site is big enough at 12 acres, but lots of houses to the west and south who may not want a football ground on their door step.
                        Most houses would not be effected by traffic as there is only really one way in A40 as its industrial estate. And only houses to west would be impacted as gardens back onto it but fair point Dave.

                        Decent enough train links central line, pic, Elizabeth and bakerkoo/overground bit further afield from junction but buses run down

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Park Royal or Scrubs would both be great, but Scrubs would get my vote. As long as we don't build a generic flat pack bowl stadium I'll be happy! We need something unique, close to the pitch and a sensible capacity!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                            Park Royal or Scrubs would both be great, but Scrubs would get my vote. As long as we don't build a generic flat pack bowl stadium I'll be happy! We need something unique, close to the pitch and a sensible capacity!
                            i'd love for a bigger more modern version of LR with more leg room. i love loftus road but it is outdated now and for a tall guy like me sandwiched in between 2 other tall guys its bloody painful and uncomfortable being folded up like a pretzel with my knees digging into the seat infront of me

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't like the location, no character. Scrubs is best option for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X