Matt Smith to Millwall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith to Millwall?

Was in Queen's Park earlier - the actual park - and one of the park keepers I know there who is a season ticket holder told me he'd heard Matt Smith is off to Millwall. ITK or absolute b*ll*cks?

morning people
    Rumour seems to be going around that we are in for matt smith any credence to this or just pissing in the wind.

Comment

Underrated player. Not very mobile but play to his strengths and put balls in box and he will get 15goals a season. His size does lead to long balls being thrown up to him that’s only draw back

i would hold onto him as plan B

Comment

?

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
          ?
          he's a millwall fan i think.

the only rumour i saw about matt smith was a survey to millwall fans asking which player they'd most like to sign and matt smith came in at 2nd for them.
          i don't think there's any credence to the rumour though but personally i wouldn't like us to lose him. he's fairly limited in what he can do, well, he can only really header the ball but he's a very effective player thats for sure. i think he was involved in 22 goals last season for us (goals and assists) which for a guy who only cost 500k is pretty great

Comment

yes mate millwall rumour was last week and now one of ours on our site who is generlly on the ball saying in talks.

Comment

Can't see it but who knows

Comment

I like him but he does kind of dictate how we play given his limitations which kills game but as said as plan B worth keeping

Comment

Really wont want to see him go because he gives us options. But if we can sell him for decent money and Penrice has a cheaper alternative in his sights then so be it.

Millwall really should be going for Washington. He is full of energy, defends from the front, provides plenty of assists and the odd goal. I think I could broker that deal for a selling price of £1.5m and I'd only take £100k in commission.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Underrated player. Not very mobile but play to his strengths and put balls in box and he will get 15goals a season. His size does lead to long balls being thrown up to him that’s only draw back

i would hold onto him as plan B
                    We mixed it up last season, not just banging the ball upto smith all the time, thought he was very very useful & if we had a nippy small striker who was to bang in say 15 goals a season we would be bigging him up, but why would we get rid to just bring in someone very simular in martin! would be a mistake getting rid for another simular player to come in.

Comment

We never we played in the main direct football, in my view

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Really wont want to see him go because he gives us options. But if we can sell him for decent money and Penrice has a cheaper alternative in his sights then so be it.

Millwall really should be going for Washington. He is full of energy, defends from the front, provides plenty of assists and the odd goal. I think I could broker that deal for a selling price of £1.5m and I'd only take £100k in commission.
                        West London’s Mendes

Comment

There’s no truth to the rumour! It came from a survey carried out by Millwal fans.
                          he was just voted as one of your ideal top choices. QPR won’t sell him.

To put it in perspective they done one for QPR and our top choice was Dwight Gayle. Not going to happen.

Comment

We never we played in the main direct football, in my view
                            Not for me, so what do you reckon to mclaren if he got rid of smith to bring in another lump? surely thatll suggest more the same.

Comment

His size does lead to long balls being thrown up to him that’s only draw back
                              Play him with proper wingers (which we never did under Ollie) then you don't have to play long balls up to him and you could still get 15 goals a season from him. It's always about playing players to their strengths. Furthermore his GPG ratio was still strong even when we never played him with out and out wingers. McClaren I'm confident is astute enough to understand that, and Smith's progress can no longer be stunted under him like it has been over the last couple of seasons.

We should hopefully see other examples of this throughout the squad where players have been incorrectly utilised.

Comment

Working...
                              X