X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBLOCKRANGER
    replied
    Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
    I heard somewhere that he stopped the development as he got refused a visa. Don't want to give me a visa? Fine, I won't invest £1billion into your economy for rebuilding, plus tax etc from selling tickets, food etc for those extra customers through the doors.
    Some folks can be so petty, me mates Visa was refused last night in the 8 Bells in Putney ..no throwing the toys out of the pram he just paid in cash #simple

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Just a quick correction. The whole point of Israeli citizenship is....... that you can come to the UK anytime without a Visa. Job done.

Try doing that from any of Israel's neighbouring countries and you wont receive such open hospitality in Blighty.

Leave a comment:

• SpongeParr
    replied
    I heard somewhere that he stopped the development as he got refused a visa. Don't want to give me a visa? Fine, I won't invest £1billion into your economy for rebuilding, plus tax etc from selling tickets, food etc for those extra customers through the doors.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

Don't think this is true, as Israel has many citizens that don't live there. I think you just have to be Jewish or have Jewish lineage. However, for billionaire Abramovich, he could go anywhere he wants...with that said would you want to be a Jewish and live in Russia? No thanks!
    I do international recruitment and I've represented a few Israeli nationals. It was my understanding that they ask people to relinquish their other passport when they apply for an Israeli one. Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me. Or perhaps they've made an exception for Mr Abramovich.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    However, for billionaire Abramovich, he could go anywhere he wants!
    Other than the UK at the current time hence him throwing dolly

Leave a comment:

• rodman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
    Is there any fantasy land in which it would be possible for him to sell off all the players and just shut the gates to the bridge as a big f.u to Britain? Sell the land n'all, just fold the club

If Carlsberg did meltdowns.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    They'll somehow end up better and more successful, you watch.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    Maybe Abramovich has realised what a horrible, racist club Chelsea is and see's this as his opportunity to cut loose.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Thought Israel required you to relinquish all other passports to become a citizen? Can't see him giving his Russian passport up!
    Don't think this is true, as Israel has many citizens that don't live there. I think you just have to be Jewish or have Jewish lineage. However, for billionaire Abramovich, he could go anywhere he wants...with that said would you want to be a Jewish and live in Russia? No thanks!

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Not sure they are underachieving they were champions last year and won FA Cup this season
    Yes, I'd settle for such underachievement!

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Thought Israel required you to relinquish all other passports to become a citizen? Can't see him giving his Russian passport up!
    That was my understanding also.
    But The Jerusalem Post are saying he has his Israeli citizenship, so it must be true

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Looks like he has withdrawn his UK visa request as he has now become an Israeli citizen.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Zidane's on his way there as manager ain't he? All my Chelsea mates are saying it's a done deal!

Leave a comment:

• loftbalcony
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
    Is there any fantasy land in which it would be possible for him to sell off all the players and just shut the gates to the bridge as a big f.u to Britain? Sell the land n'all, just fold the club
    You could suggest it. I would vote for it

Leave a comment:

• Dunraven
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X