No announcement yet.

Frank Lampard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal manager for a skint club because they'll assume he can bring in championship standard players from the Chelsea reserves or youth set. Standard big name ex player stuff and he'll get a few years as a manager living off this even if he is crap.

Comment

he's got some money the fella , a few years ago he owned 18 properties in barnes , should just sit back and enjoy his tv work and holiday often , why have the stress of being a football manager

Comment

Derby closing in apparently - sky sports news

thank God we got Steve!
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Not overly sure this will be a bad appointment for them, hope I'm wrong. He is well respected within the game and will have respect of the players at the start at least. Young Managers have to start somewhere and whilst a gamble it could pay off for Derby, as I say though i hope I'm wrong and he does a Gary Neville.

Comment

Funnily enough, I think he needs someone like McClaren in with him. Needs a lot of experience. I just think that players who were always in the Premiership don't know enough about the lower leagues and their players. Does he know the style of football teams play? Does he know the best players for the lower teams? Who knows. Better than just appointing the same old managers.

Comment

Who will last the longest Gerrard or Lampard. How long until we get ' well I have worked under a lot of great managers and learnt a lot'.

Comment

https://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk...ager-1-9185093

He is believed to be keen to bring former Chelsea team-mate Jody Morris to Pride Park as part of his coaching setup.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  Funnily enough, I think he needs someone like McClaren in with him. Needs a lot of experience. I just think that players who were always in the Premiership don't know enough about the lower leagues and their players. Does he know the style of football teams play? Does he know the best players for the lower teams? Who knows. Better than just appointing the same old managers.
                  He'll have uncle Harry to help him out

Comment

He's the one English player of that generation who I think has it in him to do a decent job as a gaffer.

His footballing pedigree goes back to Greenwood era WHU, he took his badges seriously, he's a quality analyst and he isn't borderline certifiable. May not be enough: Derby have plenty of problems and this is a tough level to prove your worth. He might be better off taking a job a level down, but I think he'll end up doing OK somewhere.

Comment

Agree Hal think Lampard will do well as boss. He’s been brought up in the game and will from time at City and Chelsea get first dibs on all there good kids.

His uncle is knob but he will open doors for him and ensure press give him easy ride

Comment

frank will be a very good manager imo. he has all the makings of one and its a smart move by derby to appoint him. as others have said, everyone has to start somewhere and derby will be a good fit for frank. i'd be surprised if they finished outside the playoffs next season

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          https://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk...ager-1-9185093

He is believed to be keen to bring former Chelsea team-mate Jody Morris to Pride Park as part of his coaching setup.
                          Jody Morris has just overseen a quadruple winning season with his Chelsea U18's side after also winning the title and youth cups last year. They're also very good mates so it seems a viable fit.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            Who will last the longest Gerrard or Lampard. How long until we get ' well I have worked under a lot of great managers and learnt a lot'.
                            Took him until the press conference.

Comment

Cue Derby becoming the feeder club for Chelsea's youth prospects...

Comment

Will be interesting to see who will do better out of Lampard, who has not managed at any level and Paul Hurst at Ipswich who has a very good record at a number of levels below Championship.

Can't help thinking that is a shrewd move by Ipswich.

Comment

Working...
                                X