Frank Lampard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Lampard

In talks with Derby to become their new manager,according to the Sunday People.

Will probably be JT's new club if Lampard goes there

Comment

####

Comment

Fat b4st4rd!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Clubs seduced by a name despite zero experience as a manager which is chalk and cheese to playing. Ridiculous.

Comment

Every player going into management needs to cut their teeth somewhere. Personally I think Lampard speaks a lot of sense when I see him on the telly, and he strikes me as someone more than capable of leading a Championship level team. The proof will of course be in the pudding, but I really doubt he'll be as bad an appointment as some are making out!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Every player going into management needs to cut their teeth somewhere. Personally I think Lampard speaks a lot of sense when I see him on the telly, and he strikes me as someone more than capable of leading a Championship level team. The proof will of course be in the pudding, but I really doubt he'll be as bad an appointment as some are making out!
              Turned out well for Gary Neville too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Turned out well for Gary Neville too.
                Yeah didn't work out for Neville mate, but I don't really think he gave himself a chance taking his first managerial job in a league he knew nothing about, and in a country where he never spoke the language. I think it actually probably doesn't work out for the vast majority of ex-players in their first managerial role, but every so often you get a Pep Gaurdiola who looks made for it from the outset.

Some players go into management and do well immediately, others take time, others don't work out at all. But how is a player meant to make that first step into management if nobody gives them a chance?

Comment

how is a player meant to make that first step into management if nobody gives them a chance?
                  Youth team, reserve team, assistant manager for a few years, lower league to cut your teeth.

Comment

Youth team, reserve team, assistant manager for a few years, lower league to cut your teeth.
                    For a player that has had the career that Lampard has, Derby is lower league mate.

Comment

For a player that has had the career that Lampard has, Derby is lower league mate.
                      Not in management terms mate no way.

Many many strings to a managers bow that can only be gained through experience.

Comment

Can't bear even watching the bloke. He should start at Guernsey and stay there.

Comment

Many many strings to a managers bow that can only be gained through experience.
                          Don't disagree mate, but it's not an impossible job to be successful at Championship level with little or no managerial or coaching experience. Fact is, none of us know how good an appointment it will be. But it is a roll of the dice for sure, and it will probably only go one way or the other.

Personally I don't hate the guy as much as many on this thread. Yeah, he's Chelsea through and through, but at least he was an honest, hardworking pro and not an utter w@nker like Terry, Drogba, or God knows how many others have played for those lot!
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 27-05-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Don't disagree mate, but it's not an impossible job to be successful at Championship level with little or no managerial or coaching experience.

Fact is, none of us know how good an appointment it will be. It's a roll of the dice for sure, and it will probably go one way or another.

Personally I don't hate the guy as much as many on this thread. Yeah, he's Chelsea through and through, but at least he was an honest, hardworking pro and not an utter w@nker like Terry, Drogba, or God knows how many others have played for those lot!
                            This. Good player whose record speaks for itself and an example for young players. No cheat and a great scoring record. Had to get away from the myth that is/was the 'academy of football' but unfortunately ended up in a blue shirt

Comment

Don't disagree mate, but it's not an impossible job to be successful at Championship level with little or no managerial or coaching experience. Fact is, none of us know how good an appointment it will be. But it is a roll of the dice for sure, and it will probably only go one way or the other.

Agree and you'll never have seen me sl@g him off as I quite like him as a man and player. No issues at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X