After the Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    Also went to a night club at herne Hill once with a workmate who was Chelsea after we had both been at home, total carnage inside and outside.
    Never went back.
    Cant remember what it was called
    Probably the Bon Bonny , it always kicked off there , they used to serve lager in jug glasses ,which was unheard of by the late eighties ,the amount of times i saw them used as weapons.......
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

Probably the Bon Bonny , it always kicked off there , they used to serve lager in jug glasses ,which was unheard of by the late eighties ,the amount of times i saw them used as weapons.......
      Yep that's the one. Scary place unless you was 20 handed. One visit was enough.

Comment

went in the bon bonny a couple of times , lived in brixton in my early 20's , the worst gaff i went to was in clapham can't remember the name of it but everyone knew it as " the meat rack " because of the women it would atract . you'd pay something like £20 and could drink all nite .scars , missing teeth , tattoo's and the men weren't to clever either

Comment

Sundowns Tot Crt Rd, Ronnie Scots, Hipperdrome, Xenon,Marquee Warder st,
          and other uptown clubs were our old trumping grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

went in the bon bonny a couple of times , lived in brixton in my early 20's , the worst gaff i went to was in clapham can't remember the name of it but everyone knew it as " the meat rack " because of the women it would atract . you'd pay something like £20 and could drink all nite .scars , missing teeth , tattoo's and the men weren't to clever either
            Southsides ?
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Yep Blue Orchid or Sinatras for me during mid '80s then Joe Bananas
              If I remember correctly Sinatras was £10 to get in then all the buffet food and watered down beer you could drink.

Comment

Southsides ?
                Yep it was southsides I went one night and a load of Traveller birds kicked off.
                beatmydemons.com

Comment

We used to go to Scarletts in Purley which was OK. There was a small bar upstairs where these much older guys used to hold court like they owned the place. I asked one of the barmaids about it one night and it turned out one of them was Charlie Kray who lived up the road in Sanderstead.

Another time I saw Mark Dennis in there and when I went over to tell him I was QPR he insisted on buying me a drink. He was off his face though!

Comment

As got a bit older used to go back to the beehive in battersea which was run by the couple who used to run crown and sceptre, they were quite chuffed that a few qpr fans were sometimes there post match, usually only 3 of us! When my daughter was born in 87 they came out and put money in the pram when I walked past one afternoon.

Comment

Southsides ?
                      that's the place vesp's , a fella that got in my local even nicked a bird in their , he was 61 and only had one tooth

Comment

Working...
                      X