After the Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Match

Was thinking about all the places we used to go after the home matches in the 80s in the evening on a Saturday

The Galleon Chertsey
    Chertsey Lock
    Belvadere Arms Ascot
    Ragamuffins Camberley
    Oceans Bracknell
    Cinderalls Kingston
    Sinatras Croydon
    Jacksons Staines
    Thames Court Shepperton
    Paradise Lost Watford
    Reagles Uxbridge

Blimey they were great times used to get in some real scrapes can't believe I'm still alive tbh

Anyone else get to any of the above in the day.

The General

We was always cats whiskers Streatham, name changed mid 80's but can't remember what it was.
    Had some scary moments in there believe me, fighting every night both inside and out on the street, me and a mate walked back to battersea one night at 2am, it really was like the warriors film trying to get home except we avoided trading blows as often as possible.
    Looking back I really can't see what the attraction was off going to a crap nightclub with a real possibility of getting badly hurt or worse, obviously the fact the place was full of crumpet may have clouded our senses.
    Me and my mate Bob often went up west end on a Saturday after games when we was a bit older, got in a fight in McDonald's on shaftsbury avenue one night, believe it or not all the staff were Chinese and an argument ensued over a wrong order and one jumped the counter and struck me a glancing blow on the side of the head, we had to fight our way out !!

Comment

I went to the Cats Whiskers got some real glares in there thought it was best to leave sharpish not my manor that.

Comment

Hibernian aka dingles
        hammersmith Palais
        golden gloves
        the clem atlee Fulham
        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

The Cats Whiskers ended up as Caesars after a couple of random name changes. Has some great nights in the Whiskers and the Blue Orchid to be fair
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

1970's.....north pole and pavilion.
            1980's....pavilion
            1990's.....pavilion.
            2000 to 2003...pavilion
            2003 to date....the askew, conningham, princess vic, Adelaide, british queen (rip).

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
              Hibernian aka dingles
              hammersmith Palais
              golden gloves
              the clem atlee Fulham
              i used to go to the clem atlee , drink with lenny , terry . many years ago

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                Was thinking about all the places we used to go after the home matches in the 80s in the evening on a Saturday

The Galleon Chertsey
                Chertsey Lock
                Belvadere Arms Ascot
                Ragamuffins Camberley
                Oceans Bracknell
                Cinderalls Kingston
                Sinatras Croydon
                Jacksons Staines
                Thames Court Shepperton
                Paradise Lost Watford
                Reagles Uxbridge

Blimey they were great times used to get in some real scrapes can't believe I'm still alive tbh

Anyone else get to any of the above in the day.

The General
                went to the galleon and the belvadere in richmond was heaving on a sunday nite with gilles peterson playing

Comment

Belvadere was great on a Sunday clubbing on a Sunday night was epic

Comment

Went one year to the Galleon chertsey bridge, a load of us R's out for one of the lads birthday. We was singing qpr songs, at Chuck out time a load of Chelsea from the local area followed us out. It went off proper one of theirs was done quite bad. I got nicked for nutting a copper. The lad who's birthday it was also got nicked. He was let out in time to go to Brum away which we had all planned. I didn't make it and in the end got 4 months in DC for nutting the copper. Oh the days!!
                    beatmydemons.com

Comment

Originally posted by SeamansGloves View Post
                      Went one year to the Galleon chertsey bridge, a load of us R's out for one of the lads birthday. We was singing qpr songs, at Chuck out time a load of Chelsea from the local area followed us out. It went off proper one of theirs was done quite bad. I got nicked for nutting a copper. The lad who's birthday it was also got nicked. He was let out in time to go to Brum away which we had all planned. I didn't make it and in the end got 4 months in DC for nutting the copper. Oh the days!!
                      i was in the scrubs with this fella called " sqint " from chertsey all he ever did was go on about how hard he was , he'd say " i'm sqint , i'm a right nutter " at least 50 times a day , he'd spend the day chain smoking and tattooing his arms and legs with shoe polish tatts , he was a proper nightmare when his fags run out ... thank god i don't break the law anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

i was in the scrubs with this fella called " sqint " from chertsey all he ever did was go on about how hard he was , he'd say " i'm sqint , i'm a right nutter " at least 50 times a day , he'd spend the day chain smoking and tattooing his arms and legs with shoe polish tatts , he was a proper nightmare when his fags run out ... thank god i don't break the law anymore
                        You sure do meet some characters doing bird lol. Yep a different person I am now lol. Really not worth all that agg anymore
                        beatmydemons.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          The Cats Whiskers ended up as Caesars after a couple of random name changes. Has some great nights in the Whiskers and the Blue Orchid to be fair
                          We used to go to the Blue Orchid regularly but then it was local to me. That place used to be the Greyhound before which was quite a famous punk venue. I remember The Clash and Siouxsie both playing there and the Damned.

Comment

We used to do the Studio ,Streatham ( what the Cats Whiskers was in the mid/late 80s ) mad fights in that place , the bouncers always entered the dance floor to stop/start fights from the other side of wherever the trouble was just to cause maximum carnage on the floor , Sinattras , always good for an older bird , only done the Blue Orchid a couple of times , (both Croydon ) ,Cinderellas ,Purley , Cinderellas and Options ,Kingston . Cant think of any more Sharon/Tracy clubs we attended , usually it was a bad decision at the end of a heavy session , cos the music was always awful and you were just as likely to get into a fight as pull a bird ,either ways it was always rough !
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Also went to a night club at herne Hill once with a workmate who was Chelsea after we had both been at home, total carnage inside and outside.
                              Never went back.
                              Cant remember what it was called

Comment

Working...
                              X