No announcement yet.

Gary Sprake reincarnated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Karius closely a couple of times during the past season. Kind of obvious that he always had a nightmare in him. About an hour before kick off I told a mate that at any time he could fall to bits.

Klopp gambled and has paid.

You can not win anything without a competent keeper, we all know that Awful managerial error.

Comment

Hal. Those two mistakes are beyond belief in a game of that size especially the first one. De Gea at United saves them at least 10 points a season as did Schmiechel, Van der Sar, Seaman and Southall in the past and you are right cannot win or do anything at the top level with a 2nd or 3rd rate goalkeeper. The reason I would keep Smithies at Rangers at all cost this year.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        You gotta look at his bank account after that.
        I can't see he's been bribed. A bog standard player earns at least £2 million per year..... he's got earnings of £20-40 mil coming his way just for being average over next decade. Any bribe would have to be enormous and undetectable, I just can't see it being plausible or workable.
        As for death threats, they won't be fans - just idiot trolls who spend their lives bothering people on t'internet to kick up a stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I can't see he's been bribed. A bog standard player earns at least £2 million per year..... he's got earnings of £20-40 mil coming his way just for being average over next decade. Any bribe would have to be enormous and undetectable, I just can't see it being plausible or workable.
          As for death threats, they won't be fans - just idiot trolls who spend their lives bothering people on t'internet to kick up a stink.
          I was kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I'm not so sure that it's as implausible as you're making out mate. Bribery is clearly still rife in football. It's the only reason Qatar won the World Cup 2022 bid, and it's also only a little over a decade since Juventus were punished heavily for wide scale corruption and match fixing. Corruption in matches is also pretty much still an every day thing in South America and Africa.

Didn't Michel Platini also just admit they fixed the 1998 World Cup to ensure France made the final? A few years back I know, but football is a murky business once you scratch the surface!

Madrid are the richest club in the world. And what does their Championship League form of the last 5 or 6 years mean to their legacy? An awful lot I would think. Really cements their place as the most successful club in the history of the competition for the foreseeable future. Personally I don't think it's unfathomable that a club like Madrid (or someone close to the club) could pay enough money to convince a player like Karius to throw a game. I'm also cynical enough to believe it could happen.

Not saying it did happen, or that Karius is the sort of chap who'd take a bung. I'm just saying it isn't outside the realms of possibility. And Madrid are very lucky to have benefited from 3 errors that a Sunday League keeper would have got pelters for in the last 2 games of this seasons competition!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 30-05-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

The practice it must have taken to throw a ball against a leg and get it in the net!

Comment

Working...
              X