Derby in the proverbial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    yesterday's Daily Mail. Looks like they are going to reign in any spending and the're making some serious cuts to their staff . Another club who have tried to buy success
    hmmm.... maybe we shouldn't be to cocky about this.

a quick comparison of the most recent set of accounts shows that, while not exactly great, their position is not so terrible.

firstly... it's unlikely that they are really losing £3m a month - last season they lost nearly £2m a month (before taking account of income from sales). they did well on player sales bringing in £16m somehow, so their overall loss for the season was just over £7m. not sure they've sold anyone of value this year, nor have they bought anyone much, so i doubt that their monthly losses have gone up by 50%.

derby do have a slightly higher wage bill than us (£34m to our £30m), but are far less reliant on tv income (their non-tv income was £21m to our £13m).

in any case their rolling 3 year losses are unlikely to incur a £10m fine... because, not to be mean, but only promoted teams get fines

Comment

Davman we have had to suffer due to over spending so only fair others do for the same thing. Those are the rules so f uck em

Comment

I honestly think there is a wake up call coming for a few clubs in this division. Loads of overspending going on!

Comment

Wolves slipped out of it with promo. Fulham been quite smart as three of there big players are loans

Comment

Aren't they also interested in getting Lampard in as manager?
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Those are the rules so f uck em
              You can't spend heavily at this level and fail to go up unless you can cover the FPP hit.

The logical thing to do therefore would have been a united challenge by clubs involved, or likely to fall foul. Problem is many Chief Execs seem to have eyes wide shut.

I'm far from convinced that we've handled FPP neatly, but since the club resolutely refuse to discuss this matter that remains an assumption.

I don't even know who we are supposed to be appealing to this time round.....

Comment

Lamps as Gaffa hope so. Go practice as a manager with em !!!!!

Comment

I think this FFP is a real scam for reasons others have already mentioned, in saying that I am happy to see bad things happen to Derby and their arrogant fans, they deserve all of the bad things that may happen to them!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Perfectly put gator

Comment

not gloating about Derby's position, but it makes you think, they get roughly 30,000 gates and are losing that sort of money. What wages are Derby players on?
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

It wouldn't hurt their fans either to experience leaner times.' Foo*king w anchors'.

Comment

Derby were like most other teams to me, I didn't care much about them, then we matched up with them in the final and things changed! When I flew over for the match and went out for pints in the Bush we were at The Crown and Sceptre the night before and listened to a Derby fan tell us we couldn't sell our allotment of tickets and they took the extra 15K we couldn't sell, he said the match should be good and close with his Rams winning 3 0r 4 to 1 (he got our score right)! It was so nice to pull off the shock and send them back north bitter, there was more though! When we returned to our hotel in Kennsington a drunk and bitter Derby yob tried to pick a fight with us and ruin our good mood, being the diplomat I am confrontation was avoided until hotel staff intervened, I later found out my Canadian friend (DSQPR) has a Black Belt in martial arts, maybe I shouldn't have intervened!

@gatorTFC

Comment

Hahhaa thats a great story Gator

Comment

Wembley 2014 - with us until our dying day

Comment

Aston Villa have just missed a HMRC deadline to pay a £4m tax bill

Comment

Working...
                                X