No announcement yet.

Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree Tarbs this he owes us arguement is rubbish. On that basis do we owe the likes of Washington another extended run in the side to prove himself

Comment

No loyalty either way in football either sign and look forward to the season ahead or leave and we find someone else to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        No loyalty either way in football either sign and look forward to the season ahead or leave and we find someone else to replace him.
        Can't be making demands like that of a player when we didn't offer him a renewal until the last fortnight of the season.

The reality of the situation is that Robinson effectively became a free agent this summer from the moment his contract fell into the final 6 months. We are basically 1 of a number of clubs trying to sign him on a free, and it's totally up to him which one he chooses and how long he wants to take making that decision.

It all sounds a bit mercenary I know, but we did have the opportunity to prevent this from happening by offering him a contract in December (or earlier). I understand why we didn't considering Robbo's injury issues. But you can't have your cake and eat it. We wanted a bit of extra time to make a decision (or perhaps to work out if we could afford him), but in doing so we've opened the door for other suitors to have a chat with the player. One of those things I'm afraid!

Comment

Tarvie. That is exactly how it needs to be as we need people who want to play for us. Loyalty has gone and the club could have done more to keep him but they didn't so lets get our house in order for McClaren to know who he has for pre season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Tarvie. That is exactly how it needs to be as we need people who want to play for us. Loyalty has gone and the club could have done more to keep him but they didn't so lets get our house in order for McClaren to know who he has for pre season.
            So we only want players who will blindly discard other options and sign for us no matter what, and regardless of how well we've managed the process of making them an offer?

I do get what you are saying, but I think you are kidding yourself a bit mate. And for the record, I don't think Robinson is a proper mercenary like some of those signed in previous years. I do however think he is a player that we we could have dealt with better, and who will make sure his next move is the right one for him. Whether we choose to wait and see if we are where he decides he wants to be is up to Les and McClaren.

Comment

Tarbie. No words saying that so please do not imply that because I see it differently to you. No I would expect an offer to be accepted or rejected based on the sporting project as well as the wages on offer. If you are well paid and happy and at a club that wants to progress then I think anyone would sign under those conditions?

Comment

Working...
              X