Table of away fan numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table of away fan numbers

First time I've tried to upload a graphic..... hope it's viewable.

We just missed relegation!

Comment

Foolham more then us ha ha ???

Comment

Hopefully that is visible. Pretty poor numbers bareing in mind we weren't on Sky that often. Fulham would be higher than us as they were going for promotion. Still pretty rubbish numbers by us though.

Comment

The link for the above is here

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018...-blog-2017-18/

Decent read in fairness.

Comment

As nearly all of those clubs have bigger stadiums and probably more fans, not that surprising.
            The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

What’s bigger stadiums got to do with away followings

Comment

You can get more fans in the ground !
                (Bigger ground = Potential for more Home & Away fans)

obvious tit for tat by teams only giving an allowance that was given to them plays a part, as does Promotion chasing v Mid/Lower table positons and of course having a p!ss poor Away record regards wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  First time I've tried to upload a graphic..... hope it's viewable.
                  Shock, a team that doesn't win away, that hasn't been performing that well, has poor attendances.

Woodwork... they'll be back out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    The link for the above is here

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018...-blog-2017-18/

Decent read in fairness.
                    Agreed
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                      You can get more fans in the ground !
                      (Bigger ground = Potential for more Home & Away fans)

obvious tit for tat by teams only giving an allowance that was given to them plays a part, as does Promotion chasing v Mid/Lower table positons and of course having a p!ss poor Away record regards wins.....

I don't get your theory, sorry. If they have bigger stadiums and room for more away fans then we should take more there, surely.

We have one of the higher averages coming to our ground, so size of the ground is irrelevant. Maybe it will be closer as a fair number of teams took 3, 4, 5k to Barnsley.

We were 13th for the percentage of home fans taken away. Pretty fair reflection of the season I guess but sort of proves that we aren't a big club. Plus, most of our away fans sit and that is bloody annoying and makes it boring.

Comment

That’s my point parr. How big stadium is has nothing to do with what we take away

Comment

Most away games I have been to we have started the game standing up and in good voice. It is only as the games goes on and you lose all hope that your legs just give up.

Comment

Beaten by Brentford. The shame.

Last season was the part of a downward spiral that started with JFH and continued under Holloway as faith in the management and enjoyment of watching our team plummeted. Hopefully we might start winning a few away next season and it will change.

Comment

That’s why I said ‘potentially’. If we were challenging for promotion or even playoffs (thus naturally winning more Away games), our travelling fan numbers would be higher.

Of course we’re not a Big club. Our ground capacity is one of the 6 lowest in the top 2 divisions and we only sell that out IF we are in the Prem (more away fans) or chasing Promotion.

And sitting at games is hardly relevant to how many we take away.
                              (IMO)

Comment

Working...
                              X