Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite smart thinking of the board and Les?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite smart thinking of the board and Les?

I have been thinking a bit after the appointment of SM and my conclusion is that the board and Les have been quite clever since they sacked JFH..
    Since the miserable drop out of PL and the club sinking like a stone, after the JFH boredom and even more players wanted out something had to stop the sinking and I can see how they were thinking, heart and pride stops quite a lot and who else would take on a club like QPR with heart and pride but Ollie? I also think that he did it quite well.. we all know the pros and cons with Ollie and that is exactly what we got, but the ship stopped from slipping another league like Sunderland.

At the same time a new structure took place, younger players were recruited and were developed in the U-teams, a few of them did extremely well in the first team and if we're not going to lose them we need someone else as manager. A big name that shows authority, someone who is tactically really good and for sure will take the club further, maybe as high as a top-10 in a year or two. SM was within the club earlier, he sorted out the defence during Redknapp and has been keeping contact with Tony ever since, the choice of next manager was quite easy.

So, why (only) a two year contract? Well, I thought it would be longer but maybe the board really want to take this step by step? If we get to the play offs in two years and if the talents are still with us then we might change again, this time for someone that will do well also in the PL.

All in all, I think the club is doing this really well... if I am correct in my analysis of course.

i think a 2 year deal makes sense. if he does terribly then its not gunna cost an arm and a leg to get rid of him but if he does well then we can extend his deal.

i think its a brilliant appointment for the club, we have a great backroom in les (never though i'd say that), penrice, ramsey and hoos, arguebly the best backroom we've had in years and one with real potential to take us forward but the one thing we really lacked was someone to coach and organize the players and squad. macca is the perfect fit for that, of all the potential managers we could have brought in i honestly don't see who could have been a better appointment to take us further and develop our players. we have quality young players and macca will do a solid job in integrating and establishing them into the side, better than ollie or any other manager at our level ever could have imo. i am absolutely buzzing for next season, if we keep ahold of the likes of luongo and robbo we have the potential to have a solid entertaining season

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      i think a 2 year deal makes sense. if he does terribly then its not gunna cost an arm and a leg to get rid of him but if he does well then we can extend his deal.

i think its a brilliant appointment for the club, we have a great backroom in les (never though i'd say that), penrice, ramsey and hoos, arguebly the best backroom we've had in years and one with real potential to take us forward but the one thing we really lacked was someone to coach and organize the players and squad. macca is the perfect fit for that, of all the potential managers we could have brought in i honestly don't see who could have been a better appointment to take us further and develop our players. we have quality young players and macca will do a solid job in integrating and establishing them into the side, better than ollie or any other manager at our level ever could have imo. i am absolutely buzzing for next season, if we keep ahold of the likes of luongo and robbo we have the potential to have a solid entertaining season

I agree, this should be a more solid season than we've seen for many years!

Comment

Les Ferdinand deserves a special mention i feel, He is still learning his trade, but Olli was once qouted on saying how valuable he was to him, Probably partly due to all his contacts and generally high standing in the game?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

What I think is especially astute is the timing. Many a wavering ST holder will renew to see what the new new dawn will bring.

Comment

Have to agree that they appointments and how things have played out recently have been positive. Wasn't sure about Ollie but came in, brought passion back and done pretty well. Got rid early to allow the new man to come in and have all of the close season to get the team where he wants them. The board know who they have hired so it takes away any uncertainty around a new manager as well.

On paper, they have played it brilliantly. Hopefully it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Les Ferdinand deserves a special mention i feel, He is still learning his trade, but Olli was once qouted on saying how valuable he was to him, Probably partly due to all his contacts and generally high standing in the game?
              its played out well and hes slowly but surely brought in top quality people around him like ramsey and penrice. hes defo improved year on year but will probably get poached eventually

Comment

Smart thinking and Les in the same sentence ........ Is there a way of re wording the title of this tread?.......
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Smart thinking and Les in the same sentence ........ Is there a way of re wording the title of this tread?.......
                  It is quite chocking, isn't it?
                  But honestly, I think they have done really well lately.. manager wise, backroom wise and recruiting wise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

its played out well and hes slowly but surely brought in top quality people around him like ramsey and penrice. hes defo improved year on year but will probably get poached eventually
                    I think you may be spot on.

QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Why, what’s your point?

hes done more right then wrong

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Why, what’s your point?

Bang on.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Why, what’s your point?

I know west, i was just being funny....... well trying anyway
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I know west, i was just being funny....... well trying anyway
                            I have to admit, that went totally over my head
                            Apologies Nick.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I have to admit, that went totally over my head
                              Apologies Nick.
                              Haha no worries ginge. yeah its hard to get that sort of thing across on here.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X