No announcement yet.

Target for next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 is acceptable. Remember when people were happy with one place above relegation at start of this season

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      With Washington replaced with a striker who can score
      Who's that then?

None of us know anything at all about the financial context, the war chest or lack of one.

None of us know the backroom staff. We don't know if this is a serious bid for a slice of EPL pie or simply an attempt to improve the quality of football, which I guarantee will improve
      under the new regime. It did last time.

But Its far too soon to be talking targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        I was about to write top 10 before I opened the link.

This squad and manager is capable of that and I think we have a decent chance of achieving it.
        If he can keep the best of this squad I will be expecting a top 10 finish and be in with a shout of the play offs entering the last 3 or 4 games. Preston, Brentford and Millwall managed that last season with arguably weaker squads.

Comment

Top half will do me nicely.
          Improvement on this past season and a slow build.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I hope we can scrape top ten. Depends on who we get in and who we lose. If equivalent of like for like squad quality wise I would expect us to do it with Steve in charge as opposed to Ollie.

Big issue for me is Ned and Robinson moving on. Need at least one decent quality replacement and squad player otherwise will leave us weak in defence. If we did that and didn't lose anyone else of note top 10 should be achievable. Ideal obviously would be a good striker. However if we keep Sylla and Steve can get him playing regularly and on form he could do well and with Smith and youngsters as well all of a sudden we aren't looking so bad and will have a good midfield.

Lots made about our lack of spending under Ollie but fact of matter is squad wasn't bad and we didn't lose anyone we missed. We have the basis of a decent team for this division.

Comment

Playoffs minimum for me got to be the target surely

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Playoffs minimum for me got to be the target surely
                Actually, I agree, targets should be stretching although expectations may be less so.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Actually, I agree, targets should be stretching although expectations may be less so.
                  That's a good point to be fair.
                  Target for any team has got to be playoffs minimum. I'd expect and be ok with top half though.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You can target top 6 , fail and still be successful.
                    Targeting top six.It shows ambition. Let's say we end up 10th after decent season where we have our moments, like Bristol City & Brentford did. Lets say we don't lose 6 or 7 on the bounce.
                    Attractive, passing football. Youngsters bedding in. The older 'youngsters' like Furlong really powering on, like he is beginning to do, helped by proper coaching. Being on telly and not losing every time, which was a pleasant surprise this year. A cup run maybe?
                    All of this is possible and not too much to ask.
                    J

Comment

I'd be happy finishing anywhere between 7-12 and a cup run. Club's target should be play-offs and a cup run.

Comment

Pushing for playoffs all season. Want to go up, but worried about the scumbags we’d then buy in the s hitty PL. Wish the top six would f ack off and form their own league. We’d all be better off without them.

Comment

Again, fellas, what’s happening to apostrophes? I’m writing I’d but it’s coming up id. I have standards.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Again, fellas, what’s happening to apostrophes? I’m writing I’d but it’s coming up id. I have standards.......
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              To be clear I’m writing I (followed with a f acking apostrophe) then d, but it’s coming up Id......

i wrote I (f acking apostrophe) m, but it’s not gonna come up like that.

Comment

Told you.....

Comment

Working...
                                X