Clear All

• Out of contract Prem Players of interest

CB - James Collins (34)
    CB - Robert Huth (33)
    RB - Liam Rosenior (33)
    LW - Bakary Sako (30)
    CM - James Morrison (31)
    DM - Claudio Yacob (30)

Robert Huth would be a decent player to have.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Personally I’d rathet not sign players over the age of 25, however I do like Huth
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

James Morrison would transform us nood player me and facto used to rave about trying to get him

we need to add some experience and CB key area so either of them would fit the bill

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          CB - James Collins (34)
          CB - Robert Huth (33)
          RB - Liam Rosenior (33)
          LW - Bakary Sako (30)
          CM - James Morrison (31)
          DM - Claudio Yacob (30)
          None of them for me mate

Comment

Would far rather see our youngsters get an opportunity, particularly now we have the manager who can improve them even more.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

None of them for me mate
              Interesting! I think all are out of our price range in any case (given our weekly wage cap of 15-20k range) considering they have all been playing in the prem for some time by and large. Average wage in the prem is now 50k per week....

But I’d consider taking either Huth or Collins, if the wage was right, as think we could benefit from a big experienced bruiser at centre half.

Saying that, in an ideal scenario, I’d rather play out from the back with total football. And have a first choice of Robinson and Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Would far rather see our youngsters get an opportunity, particularly now we have the manager who can improve them even more.
                Agree on that on the whole, but defense is a problem position where we need to recruit.

Have you seen our centre half’s in u23s? I’ve watched quite a few games and in my view, we are weak across the board in defence, which is the opposite of those who have progressed into the first team in other positions.

Chair and Eze, for example, and Oteh, were stand out performers who looked way above that level, and possibly could be a better option than their senior counterparts (which has since been playing out)

In defence, and especially centre half, there is no outstanding candidate that merits first team promotion...yet anyway. Giles Philips looks the part sometimes, great build, but positioning is suspect. Not a position where a novice would work. He would definitely need to go out on loan first.

Comment

I’d have James Collins for a season all day long. Proper leader in the mould of Dunney!

Comment

Agree on that on the whole, but defense is a problem position where we need to recruit.

Have you seen our centre half’s in u23s? I’ve watched quite a few games and in my view, we are weak across the board in defence, which is the opposite of those who have progressed into the first team in other positions.

Chair and Eze, for example, and Oteh, were stand out performers who looked way above that level, and possibly could be a better option than their senior counterparts (which has since been playing out)

In defence, and especially centre half, there is no outstanding candidate that merits first team promotion...yet anyway. Giles Philips looks the part sometimes, great build, but positioning is suspect. Not a position where a novice would work. He would definitely need to go out on loan first.
                    Not an area we are blessed in, I grant you.

No objections to bringing in suitably proficient young players, just not keen on past it players on the whole. More to do with their attitude and desire than their ability.

Comment

Some good knowlege you've gained there, mate. Any others we should be watching out for? And did you see Smyth playing before he made the step up?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Not an area we are blessed in, I grant you.

No objections to bringing in suitably proficient young players, just not keen on past it players on the whole. More to do with their attitude and desire than their ability.
                        Yeah agree Brighton,

Comment

With Lynch, Baptiste and Bidwell we do lack a bit of pace. Not sure if 30+ year olds would help.

Comment

Working...
                          X