Regarding consortium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    Maybe sone wise sage could help me out here, as it has been puzzling me for sometime, as I don’t know the ins and outs of FFP.

If the current or any new owners invested heavily into the club via shirt sponsorship or naming rights of the stadium etc etc, what would that do to our FFP status regarding spending wisely on new players.
    The amount invested by the owners needs to be a reasonable "market" rate. So stumping up "zillions" wouldn't wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

The amount invested by the owners needs to be a reasonable "market" rate. So stumping up "zillions" wouldn't wash.
      So what is a reasonable market rate in our position?
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

So what is a reasonable market rate in our position?
        About a tenner
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

About a tenner
          ​​​​
          as much as that

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Didn't Man City do just that?.....chucked in "zillions" for naming rights/sponsorship?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Didn't Man City do just that?.....chucked in "zillions" for naming rights/sponsorship?
              Reasonable market rate if you're Man C. Outrageous if you're a struggling hand to mouth Championship club .... apparently.

Comment

Sports Direct pay Newcastle £0 for their naming rights. It has added 300 million to SD worth apparently, but Ashley doesn't want to pay anything out for it.

Comment

I wish somebody would tell Les about the consortium because he is saying players will need to be sold this summer.,or is he just keeping the secret well ?

​​​​

Comment

somebody's had it on their toes with our consortium money!!

Comment

• Yeah, some Villa fans to pay their tax bill with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                        For those doubting this , you are so naive.
                        Not sure the doubters are looking quite so naive now Marc.

Any major investment resulting in board changes would have to be made public, never mind a change of ownership. Therefore not much point in prolonged secrecy if those were kind of changes you had in mind.

Of course it is possible that investors are being courted, and different avenues explored - but that happens anyway in this day and age.

The thing that really interests me is who exactly we are appealing to now re FFP. I've asked a few people and no one has a clue, might ring up the press office
                        wearing my other hat and ask if anyone is prepared to make a statement. Alternative would be to call the EFL. Does anyone on here know? Was rumoured to be the CAS (Switzerland) but it isn't listed for hearing.

Last edited by hal9thou; 07-06-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          I wish somebody would tell Les about the consortium because he is saying players will need to be sold this summer.,or is he just keeping the secret well ?

​​​​
                          tbh i don't mind the whole pleading poverty thing even if we do have money to spend. if we came outright and said that we have money avaliable we'd end up paying over the top for players. our current transfer policy has actually been pretty sound so far anyway so i have faith we'll do good business

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post

tbh i don't mind the whole pleading poverty thing even if we do have money to spend. if we came outright and said that we have money avaliable we'd end up paying over the top for players. our current transfer policy has actually been pretty sound so far anyway so i have faith we'll do good business
                            I agree, the whole "consortium " thing is pure nonsense, I think we will bring in free out of contract players and non league players with future potential but I do fear we will lose at least one of our best players to keep our extremely limited finances in tact.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post

Totally agree.

It's a very good thing that no financial information is made public these days. We paid a heavy price for the whole "we've got more cash than you" days. We were a football agents wet dream for 2 or 3 seasons, and the legacy of those years will stay with us for a very long time.

As for the whole consortium rumour. Just a case of putting 2 and 2 together, but getting totally wrong, ain't it? The rumour was McLaren had backers looking to buy a club, but that could have been paper talk. I never heard anything but a few message board rumours about there being new investment in QPR. Whilst I thought it could have been plausible, it's entirely likely it was all just hot air!

Comment

• Does anyone on here know?
                                Jabba the Hutt? Slartibartfast?

We don't, do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X