No announcement yet.

Regarding consortium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we all read a bit too much into a Fernandes tweet which led us to believe that there was more to Holloway's sacking than there actually was. Could it have been he was sacked because of poor season ticket sales and a drop in attendances this past 6 months or so? Not to mention his strange team selections.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Anyone who watched the Podcast could see TF is here for longhaul in my opinion
      Could well be but that wouldn't exclude a game of musical shares........

Comment

Thing is we do have a new manager which is all we wanted till marc turned our heads with this consortium talk, so all good

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Thing is we do have a new manager which is all we wanted till marc turned our heads with this consortium talk, so all good
          Indeed. The one thing we still need imo is a decent defence coach, all the more so as SMac is a front foot gaffer. Too often recently we've looked panicky and uncertain at the rear end. I don't think we've been convincing defence wise for ages. It improved as a 4, but still not great, and it could hardly have got worse.....

Keep the back door closed. And not just in the locker room ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Indeed. The one thing we still need imo is a decent defence coach, all the more so as SMac is a front foot gaffer. Too often recently we've looked panicky and uncertain at the rear end. I don't think we've been convincing defence wise for ages. It improved as a 4, but still not great, and it could hardly have got worse.....

Keep the back door closed. And not just in the locker room ;)
            Shut that door!

Comment

But the consortium moves in mysterious ways. You will see it in signings, in ethos, in spirit, and the breeze that wafts gently around Lotfus Road bringing change.

Comment

Lotfus Road!

Comment

For those doubting this , you are so naive. You really think the club are going to come out and say ye we have millions and millions to spend. They are actually playing it clever for once and have to be given credit , especially Steve for saying he doesn't know what budget we've got etc just for the media , of course he does! Clubs will just rocket up prices and mug us off if they know we have money at our disposal, at least this way we can actually get players at reasonable prices.

Comment

Thanks Marc & totally agree with you, enjoy your comments & keep them coming.

Comment

Thing is, if the msm read this, or other clubs for that matter, then won't this thread give the game away?
                      Just sayin.....

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                        For those doubting this , you are so naive. You really think the club are going to come out and say ye we have millions and millions to spend. They are actually playing it clever for once and have to be given credit , especially Steve for saying he doesn't know what budget we've got etc just for the media , of course he does! Clubs will just rocket up prices and mug us off if they know we have money at our disposal, at least this way we can actually get players at reasonable prices.
                        OK, I'm game, let's see what happens.

Fingers crossed, and in the words of the song "let's hope it's a good one"

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                          I'm not doubting your takeover info, keep that stuff coming.
                          I would say though that regardless what the club say, we really don't have millions and millions to spend, and that's simply because the FFP rules say we have to spend within our means, and as a small club that's not millions and millions. We may have the money, but we can't spend it how we would like to.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Im believing Marc hes been on the money so far

The Billionaire Sheik and Vac is coming to QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I'm not doubting your takeover info, keep that stuff coming.
                              I would say though that regardless what the club say, we really don't have millions and millions to spend, and that's simply because the FFP rules say we have to spend within our means, and as a small club that's not millions and millions. We may have the money, but we can't spend it how we would like to.
                              Agreed, FFP does put a dampener on spending. Of course if we could boost the income line that would free up some of the constraints?

Not saying that's the solution, but perhaps we're blinkered by convention? Hope so, but.....

Comment

Maybe sone wise sage could help me out here, as it has been puzzling me for sometime, as I don’t know the ins and outs of FFP.

If the current or any new owners invested heavily into the club via shirt sponsorship or naming rights of the stadium etc etc, what would that do to our FFP status regarding spending wisely on new players.
                                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X