Regarding consortium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding consortium

I see alot of people asking when will we hear news about this etc etc. I very much doubt any announcement will be made by the club or media about this as I can imagine the board and investors are keeping things on the quiet side, I have no idea who the investors are , I just know Steve has a consortium behind him which are looking to make a club a success which is why Tony and Les have been keen to get him on board since December. What sort of spending they are willing to do , is just a case of wait and see what happens in the transfer window.

If McClaren had investors behind him as you claim he wouldn't have signed such a short contract,even the PE teacher was given 3 years ,I dont believe that for a minute.

Comment

Hey Marc, your info has been spot on. I can't see that there is much to be gained by non disclosure - unless of course negotiations on that front are ongoing. In the end changes to the make up of QPR Holdings would have to be disclosed as part of the accounting process. It is possible that Steve has come on board purely in a footballing capacity, we shall see......

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        If McClaren had investors behind him as you claim he wouldn't have signed such a short contract,even the PE teacher was given 3 years ,I dont believe that for a minute.
        Still calling him the PE teacher then.

Comment

If there's no takeover then it will be loans at a high interest rate and converted to shares if not repaid. Remember Ruben Gnanalingam charged 24% interest on his last loan that resulted in Tony's shares holding going down.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
            I see alot of people asking when will we hear news about this etc etc. I very much doubt any announcement will be made by the club or media about this as I can imagine the board and investors are keeping things on the quiet side, I have no idea who the investors are , I just know Steve has a consortium behind him which are looking to make a club a success which is why Tony and Les have been keen to get him on board since December. What sort of spending they are willing to do , is just a case of wait and see what happens in the transfer window.
            Thanks Marc your info has been top notch thankyou, now where's that humble pie?!
            Exciting times again....

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              dont believe it then no bother to me it's quite simple if you had a brain , if Steve was to leave before the two years we would simply have to pay the investors back what was owed in the form of a loan or they may choose to go independent from Steve and carrying on backing the club , but hey ho I know nothing

Comment

any news on signings birchy? find out before you're sacked

Comment

I don't get the consortium wanting to invest thing

Given our existing owners aren't short of a bob or two, and with a proven willingness to spend, it is only the dire ongoing FFP consequences that are stopping them

Surely it is the club that is unable to exceed the spending limits imposed by it's limited income - regardless of how much it has in the kitty and who from ?

Does investment in Warren Farm or the LC stadium fall outside FFP limitations ?

Comment

Have no reason not to believe this, info was spot on and well ahead of the media. Consortium may well still be looking at it all from behind the scenes and could have a longer term plan with Steve as Manager or DOF etc. No smoke without fire and it was reported end of 2017 that SM was looking at possibilities of buying into a club. Those timings match Marc’s suggestions that this has been going on since December.

Comment

If a new consortium takes over or invests with regard to spending, they'll only be allowed to and stay inside what FFP designates which probably wont be too much

Comment

Maybe they (consortium) wants FFP sorted before they take over. Or maybe they want Promotion before paying an inflated price for a lower half Championship club who are under severe FFP constraints....?

More importantly Marc, who’s coming in with SM ? Lee Carsley ? Anyone else ? And who else may leave to make way for them ?

Comment

The club are still publicly claiming we have a extremely small budget. Les even said yesterday we will probably have to sell before Steve can spend.

I’m sure the club have learnt their lessons and rather than everyone thinking we have loads of money and hiking rates up we are now seen as club who are finaial restricted which I am sure favours us at times in negotiations.

It would be great if there was a consortium but it seems as it stands we are fairly restricted in terms of spending and the ffp implications. I imagine a new consortium wouldn’t want us selling prize assets so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Comment

I don't want to upset young mark here,but he reminds me a bit of "dazzler" while trying hard to be a "walkonby",which he isn't. Please don't shoot me Mark for saying this,just noticing the trend of your recent threads.

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                              I don't get the consortium wanting to invest thing

Given our existing owners aren't short of a bob or two, and with a proven willingness to spend, it is only the dire ongoing FFP consequences that are stopping them

Surely it is the club that is unable to exceed the spending limits imposed by it's limited income - regardless of how much it has in the kitty and who from ?

Does investment in Warren Farm or the LC stadium fall outside FFP limitations ?
                              Absolutely spot on, our owners have the money and want to spend but are restricted.

This is why a new bigger ground is needed, the club have known this for years and years. Every new owner has tried to find a new home for us, it's not that easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X