Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Was convinced there was a consortium coming in what with all the delay and Holloway not running his mouth off over being sacked.

Total b*llocks though really aint it !

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by brightonr View Post

This also sort of blows it out of the water. Certainly if SM is heavily involved.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3845776.html
    Thought it strange that he had no knowledge of the situation if he's been courting the possibility since December, but he says everyone knows from the outside, it's the inside situation he's not up to speed with yet. So there seems to have been little, if any, due diligence.

interesting to learn we have 4th highest revenue in Championship. Makes you wonder how much other clubs struggle with FFP.

Also, it seems to have taken a long while for this article to surface?

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied

Of course.
    Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement

Leave a comment:

• brightonr
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post

You need to know what your BATNA is.
    Of course.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied

Might be, for those who are trying it on.

If I ever decide what I’m prepared to pay for something though, that’s the most I’m going to pay. If a team are prepared to accept it but ask for more, they run the risk of being told what I’d tell them.
    You need to know what your BATNA is.

Leave a comment:

• brightonr
    replied

It's called negotiation.
    Might be, for those who are trying it on.

If I ever decide what I’m prepared to pay for something though, that’s the most I’m going to pay. If a team are prepared to accept it but ask for more, they run the risk of being told what I’d tell them.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied

I see what you’re saying here Jeff, but if that was the case, then I give up. If you only want to spend £x on a player, then you just walk away if you can’t get them for that. Why does everyone have to play stupid f***ing games all the time?
    It's called negotiation.

Leave a comment:

• brightonr
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    Could all be spin from McClaren as not to attract increased prices for any player we may go for. If they all think we're out of the woods and allowed to spend again it doesn't matter who we go for the price will increase.
    I see what you’re saying here Jeff, but if that was the case, then I give up. If you only want to spend £x on a player, then you just walk away if you can’t get them for that. Why does everyone have to play stupid f***ing games all the time?

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    Could all be spin from McClaren as not to attract increased prices for any player we may go for. If they all think we're out of the woods and allowed to spend again it doesn't matter who we go for the price will increase.
    Spot On Jeff,

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    The laughable thing about the size of the FFP fine for a club our size is that it could send many businesses out of business. One of the things FFP was designed to prevent is actually a threat to survival.
    f**kin joke

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

This also sort of blows it out of the water. Certainly if SM is heavily involved.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3845776.html
    I pointed this out yesterday too after watching the interview......I'm really not sure he or any manager would
    do that. I'm also not sure the club wouldn't tell him the situation either.
    I'm quite happy for both to tell the world what they like though, and I think Steve will work well with the players, so all good !!

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by The General View Post
    So basically we've farked off the only real person who actually is ITK on this forum.
    Good grief what a sad situation now we are all back to knowing nothing that's going on again.
    Marc just ignore them farking spoons as Ginge would say
    Cracked me up there General

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    So basically we've farked off the only real person who actually is ITK on this forum.
    Good grief what a sad situation now we are all back to knowing nothing that's going on again.
    Marc just ignore them farking spoons as Ginge would say

Leave a comment:

• wortonranger
    replied
    Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
    Hardly throwing a hissy fit, I won't bother posting anything in the future , thought that was the whole point of a message board , but if all I'm gonna get is grief and people belittling what I say I'd rather not bother , not passing on info to get grief lol you lot can find out news when you hear it in the papers from now on , was only doing you lot a favour , got better things to be worrying about to be honest. Cheerio
    Don’t blame you mate. I think you’ll find most people on here have enjoyed your speculation. Of course, message boards give us all the opportunity to say whatever we like, no matter how it comes across. I always think carefully about any contribution, luckily being a “ certainly don’t know”. I enjoy the banter, but some of us should take care with the stuff we tend to throw in the mix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X