Tony Currie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    I wonder if I can find my Our Bobby stops Crooks one then.

Comment

there was a short spell of Currie and Stan together different class

Comment

Remember it well, great goal against Fulham.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Lol. Remember beating Fulham 3-0 with ease in September 79 with Currie and Bowles being brilliant. Currie scored a volleyed lob from 30 yards. Anyone else remember that? Wasn’t on TV. So amazing because for the first two seasons I watched the Rs they were mostly atrocious.......
          Yes, volleyed lob would have had them coming in their pants on MOTD now.

Comment

The FA simi against Brom ..every time Currie had the ball Brom players ran back to mark all ours. They knew or were told not to make a fool of themselves to try and take the ball off him. Thats how much respect he had.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              The FA simi against Brom ..every time Currie had the ball Brom players ran back to mark all ours. They knew or were told not to make a fool of themselves to try and take the ball off him. Thats how much respect he had.

Now that was some day out we had at Highbury!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                remember the our currie gives spurs the s h i t s banner 82
                i took loads of photo's of the 82 cup final and have a pic of a ' currie burns hoddle ' banner

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Legs may have gone but could pass the ball Hal and he had a younger midfielder called Gary Waddock next to him who did the running for him.
                  This is the way I remember him too.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post

That's the pic although that one is slightly cropped, my dad and I are just to left hand side of the cropped edge of that pic, others are on Google too. I found the picture about 10 years ago in Marks and Spencer of all places, the wife was looking at clothes and me doing the typical bloke thing wandered off to a display selling marks and Spencer own brand books, one was called the pictorial history of the fa cup so naturally I turned to 1982 and saw my dad's face looking right at the camera, he had already passed away and it was a surreal moment. I bought 2 copies and sent one to my sister.
                    My dad's face is clear as day and I have my back to camera. I'm very proud that my dad and I are in such an iconic picture.
                    nice story mate , was watching a programme earlier called banging out , it was about the old printworks in fleet street . it showed where i worked in the daily express . and my QPR graffitti on the wall, about 35 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

nice story mate , was watching a programme earlier called banging out , it was about the old printworks in fleet street . it showed where i worked in the daily express . and my QPR graffitti on the wall, about 35 years ago
                      Most old football pictures in books are credited to the press association, you can buy the pics as I did with the Currie gives hoddle the runs banner, they were very helpful when I contacted them

Comment

Working...
                      X