Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Currie

was he any goid for us???

He was different gravy Westy. Class act.

Comment

Honestly? Meh. Bit past it by the time he arrived. At least, that's my memory of it....

Comment

Who else he play for guys

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Who else he play for guys
          Sheffield United and Leeds.

Oh, and England.

Comment

remember the our currie gives spurs the s h i t s banner 82
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Sheffield United
              Where he is a legend, and was unquestionably at his best.

Legs shot by the time he turned up here.

Comment

Legs may have gone but could pass the ball Hal and he had a younger midfielder called Gary Waddock next to him who did the running for him.

Comment

Past his best when here, sure, but quality. Great passer. And scored some amazing goals. Fulham and Watford at home were amazing goals.

Comment

That’s some memory 77

Comment

Famous Wembley 82 pic with police horse. "CURRIE GIVES HODDLE THE RUNS"
                      ​​​​Google it, I'm in it and so is my dad.

Comment

I remember the day he signed for us when I was a young lad. Wow, it was big news and surprise to everyone that he signed for us. I was jumping for joy that such a class player would join us. I don't think any signing since has caused me so much excitement. Unfortunately; I never saw him play but I found his email address when he was working for Sheffield United and I sent him a mail thanking him for joining us.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Famous Wembley 82 pic with police horse. "CURRIE GIVES HODDLE THE RUNS"
                          ​​​​Google it, I'm in it and so is my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            That’s some memory 77

Lol. Remember beating Fulham 3-0 with ease in September 79 with Currie and Bowles being brilliant. Currie scored a volleyed lob from 30 yards. Anyone else remember that? Wasn’t on TV. So amazing because for the first two seasons I watched the Rs they were mostly atrocious.......

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              That's the pic although that one is slightly cropped, my dad and I are just to left hand side of the cropped edge of that pic, others are on Google too. I found the picture about 10 years ago in Marks and Spencer of all places, the wife was looking at clothes and me doing the typical bloke thing wandered off to a display selling marks and Spencer own brand books, one was called the pictorial history of the fa cup so naturally I turned to 1982 and saw my dad's face looking right at the camera, he had already passed away and it was a surreal moment. I bought 2 copies and sent one to my sister.
                              My dad's face is clear as day and I have my back to camera. I'm very proud that my dad and I are in such an iconic picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X