feelings for IH Vs SM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feelings for IH Vs SM

How did you feel when you found out SM was offically named manager compared to when you 1st heard IH was next manager?

For me, IH was a proper palm to face moment. Personally saw no hope/future with him and really feared for relegation.

SM, not saying we're going to storm the league but certainly feel A LOT more confident - (playoffs). Think we'll be so much more organized and playing players to there strengths, which in turn will bring a massive confidence within the squad. And for the 1st time in a long time Im genuinely happy about this managers appointment.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

If steve has half of ollies pasion he will be a good signing, so will wait and see what happens

Comment

Good OP.
      I was apprehensive when I heard about IH but then enthused by his interview.
      I feel this is a more measured appointment.

Comment

Was absolutely gutted when Olly was appointed.
        Thought it was a joke at first and when the reality sunk in I appeased myself by knowing that at least it won't be forever.

It all ended for me, the same as last time.
        Couldn't stand the sight of his face and couldn't listen to any of his pathetic interviews either.

Hard to dislike the bloke for his genuine passion for the club but his lack of ability to pick a team without undeserved favourites.
        Or his inability to coach a coherent game plan into the side is exactly why he never should have been given a second stint at the helm.

Anyway, he has gone now and I'm a hell of a lot more inspired and hopeful of our club moving in the right direction again under Schteve than I ever could of been under Olly.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Was so delighted to have got shot of Jimmy, I didn’t care who took over.....

Comment

ollie wasn't my first, second or even third choice for the job but i was optimistic when he came in. i started supporting qpr when he was our manager so i had fond memories of his tenure here and loved his passion and enthusiasm for the job. his initial interviews breathed life into the club again for me after a rather low few years with the likes of redknapp, ramsey and then hasslebaink. at first i was an olliephile and supported him, even through the ups and downs and 6 game losing streaks as there was a lot of work to be done but as time went on i became frustrated with the lack of on field progress, no clear cut game plan or formation and of course his weird interviews and calling out of fans.
            he really started to peev most people off and it was the right decision to let him go at the end of the season.

right now though for macca i'm far more enthusiastic than i ever was for ollie, i can see us easily finishing in the top 10 and i think macca can not only bring in some quality players but also help to keep some of our stars here. i think its inevitable that smithies will be gone regardless but lumley has potential to step up as our number 1 but i can see us keeping ahold of the likes of freeman and luongo now! macca is an inspiring choice as our new boss and i cannot wait to see who we bring in, what formation we play and how the season pans out!

Comment

Was baffled when Ollie was announced, but felt a bit better about it after hearing his passion for the club.
              I'm genuinely excited by McClaren's appointment, and had a similar feeling when Warnock was appointed.
              Not to say that McClaren will achieve the same as Warnock, just that we finally have a proper manager in charge as opposed to what felt like an appointment to appease the fans.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Was gutted when I heard Ollie linked with us and devasted even he got it as everything I feared played out before my eyes

personally quite excited by Macca think he is exactly what we need. Calm, logical, likeable, organised, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the game. Think he will surprise a few

Comment

I had nothing against Ian, apart from his interviews. He made me nervous every time I watched him. Always touching his nose or ear! But he did inflict some spirit in the side. Steve Maclaren is a different proposition. He is a top Manager and I look forward to the coming season. Hope he lives up to all expectations though.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Good OP.
                    I was apprehensive when I heard about IH but then enthused by his interview.
                    I feel this is a more measured appointment.
                    I was the opposite...enthused by his appointment, apprehensive after watching his first interviews.

Comment

Well, I never wanted Ollie back even before he got here. Felt it was an appointment made for the wrong reasons, and I'm elated that we now have a quality coach running the show.

However, like everyone else, I wish Ollie well and for all sorts of reasons he has a place in our collective history.

This decision is the first sensible management one we've made since putting NW back in harness second time round. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer.

Comment

Was depressed when Ollie was announced. Had to take a months brake from here as didn't want to sound too negative. Feeling very relief and positive now.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Well, I never wanted Ollie back even before he got here. Felt it was an appointment made for the wrong reasons, and I'm elated that we now have a quality coach running the show.

However, like everyone else, I wish Ollie well and for all sorts of reasons he has a place in our collective history.

This decision is the first sensible management one we've made since putting NW back in harness second time round. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer.
                          got to agree with all of this!... like you say hal, a "sensible" appointment and a decision the board have finally got right. And a pleasant change to what seems a mish mash of decisions for previous managers.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Never fancied Holloway but do like the thought of a good coach coaching our squad of players.

Comment

when i heard ian got the job i thought how the duck did that happen.How much did he pay,whom did he blackmail or who has totally lost the plot to sanction it. I still think it now.
                              when i heard steeeeeve got the job,i thought wonder if he will do a crap cockney accent for his first press interview all apples and pears guvnor
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X