Steve announced this afternoon...now official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I really don't understand it either, where did they think ollow was going to take us?....Idiots
    They are not real supporters of the club at all....just keyboard warrior w.ankers.... Anyway, SM gets my support 100%....welcome Mac!!! COYRs!!!

Comment

Yes!! Mclaren is here...
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

I think this has potential to be a really good appointment, I have thought that about all of our recent managers though with the exception being Ramsey! Expectations are very high, I hope McClaren will be able to spend money on the squad otherwise he may struggle to dramatically change things!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

proper chuffed with this. his interview came across just as it should have, he's a manager and the kind of bloke we have needed at the club for a long time. i cannot wait to start hating him!

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

They are not real supporters of the club at all....just keyboard warrior w.ankers.... Anyway, SM gets my support 100%....welcome Mac!!! COYRs!!!
            100% behind him too, and i'm not expecting promotion either, just want us to play and hopefully win more than we lose, with the Bush Babes!

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

damn right it is. Chest thumping, that's where its at!
              Keep yer chest thumping, i'm a badge kisser!!......That's not a euphemism btw !!

Comment

So..... nowt backroom yet? Consortium news?

Comment

I l8ke appointment and hope we are heading in rhe right direction now.

Comment

I really hope I'm wrong but can't see how he's an improvment. Did nothing with Derby when they arguably had a better side, couldn't beat a team with 10 men that he'd previously coached...was sacked by the same side for a second time. I'll get behind him but will also be honest about how I feel which is apprehensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                      I really hope I'm wrong but can't see how he's an improvment. Did nothing with Derby when they arguably had a better side, couldn't beat a team with 10 men that he'd previously coached...was sacked by the same side for a second time. I'll get behind him but will also be honest about how I feel which is apprehensive.
                      No one else has managed to do as good as him at Derby since our playoff final so don't quite know how you can call him a failure there. He also wasn't the ones on the pitch during that final. Sometimes players are to blame, not the manager. Also no one else has really done that well at Newcastle since he was there. Albeit a mid table finish this season. Promotion last season was always going to be a given for them too and they did what was expected.
                      At least McClaren will be able to coach the players. It has seemed that never really happened with Ollie given his madcap team selections and chopping and changing. I bet the players can't wait to get back and start learning. I think he is given far too much stick by people and the media.

Comment

• Wont last 3 MONTHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          I remember about 87 minutes of waiting for their inevitable goal. They were all over us. Then a bit of uncharacteristically successful tenacity from junior, a miscued clearance to Bobby, and it was all over.

Comment

• I have been a bit on the fence about this appointment as I also thought the Holloway sacking was quite harsh considering the job he has on his hands with financial restrictions.

However, I now think this if anything is a progressive appointment. McClaren has managed some pretty big clubs and coached under the likes of Sir Alex.
                            I believe his footballing philosophies and coaching ability will be an upgrade on Ollies and that’s can only be good for the likes Eze, Smyth ect.

I imagine he will have more of a pull in player recruitment and maybe more gravitas in terms of keeping players.
                            I am hoping he can retain Robinson and get Hall back up running. I am sure he will try and bring in 3/4 new players that he knows well and if he gets the right recruits and we’d can keep the spine from last year we could ha e a decent season.

If I am right he favours a 4 2 3 1 formation which I think does suit our squad and I’m intrigued to see the starting 11 on the first day of the season.

Good appointment and another move in the right direction during this rebuild of the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I remember about 87 minutes of waiting for their inevitable goal. They were all over us. Then a bit of uncharacteristically successful tenacity from junior, a miscued clearance to Bobby, and it was all over.
                              What a day! I really didn't care about going to the PL, I just wanted us to win, even if the prize was a wooden spoon! I'll never forget walking up to Wembley and seeing the club badge on the side of the staidium, it all became so real! Wow, so happy to expericne the joy of seeing my club win at Wembley!

Comment

• A fantastic day I will always remember (well at least from the 87th minute), but my point was that SM did achieve something that day with Derby, and was so so close to taking THEM to the PL, perhaps he wasn't that bad after all?

Comment

Working...
                                X