Pawel not going to World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawel not going to World Cup

That's down to Ollie's mismanagement of the lad. Shame.

Farking hell almost had a heart attack. I took a very quick glance at the thread tittle and read "pawel" as "powell" as in Chris powell!!!!!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      That's down to Ollie's mismanagement of the lad. Shame.
      Was it Ollie's fault Pawel didn't make the Poland Euro 2016 squad too?

Comment

Poland have got enough wing backs in their squad then ?

Comment

Poland have quite a strong line up. He's one dimensional and nowhere near international standard for a goodish team.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

He was in the preliminary squad for Euro 2016 but had to withdraw through injury.

Plenty good enough for the Polish squad, and plenty good enough for our starting 11 too. The bloke has been utterly shafted this season in my opinion. His chances of going to the World Cup have been scuppered by not getting a game for most of the season, and being played out of position when he was picked.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
              Poland have quite a strong line up. He's one dimensional and nowhere near international standard for a goodish team.
              this. poland are a good team and pavel would have struggled to get in it, even at his best he was still barely a sub player for them. i don't think ollie helped his case by playing him wingback or not at all though thats for sure!

Comment

He certainly didn't do him any favours this season. Never a wingback.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

He was in the preliminary squad for Euro 2016 but had to withdraw through injury.

Plenty good enough for the Polish squad, and plenty good enough for our starting 11 too. The bloke has been utterly shafted this season in my opinion. His chances of going to the World Cup have been scuppered by not getting a game for most of the season, and being played out of position when he was picked.
                  Agree, we've seen Pav play a hell of a lot better when played regularly and in the correct position. If he had this past season I'd wager he'd have made at least the preliminary squad for the World Cup easily.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Am I right in thinking he turned down a loan in the Jan transfer market? Thought he had a chance to go back to Poland?

Comment

Am I right in thinking he turned down a loan in the Jan transfer market? Thought he had a chance to go back to Poland?
                      Not sure to be honest mate. I'd be fuming if we let Pawel go. Great asset at this level when used correctly!

Comment

With bells on. Sd have played right wing in 442 or 433 every single game.

Comment

can't make my mind up on this fella , can look brilliant then he goes to sleep . he always looks creamed

Comment

Played out of position far too often. Some can handle it but he seems to have lacked confidence because of it. New manager needs to get him to one side and tell him to just take on the full back as often as you can.

Comment

Cracking player totally misused by previous manager

Comment

Working...
                              X