X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post
    Surely a debt write off is a balance sheet item, not income or cost. Its similar to the debt for shares transaction we did, but the authorities wouldn't have it.

Ours, was however in retrospect, so that may have something to do with it.
    Depends on how it's done... we wrote off £60m debt (rather than converting it to shares) which meant that it went through the operating statement as exceptional income. This fell foul of ffp rules (unless the club's appeal is successful). More recent conversions to shares are balance sheet transactions (and therefore have no ffp implications.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    From the last set of accounts Tony's shareholding has plummeted due to 12/24% interest charges on loans which have been converted to increase Ruban's shareholding.

Clearly, Tony has done his money and his remaining shares will be sold before his holding is diluted to zero. The new investors will buy him out and it's taxi for Tony. FFP will calm down once the bad apple has left the building

Cheers for the info QPRMarc - your reputation is in fact.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Surely a debt write off is a balance sheet item, not income or cost. Its similar to the debt for shares transaction we did, but the authorities wouldn't have it.

Ours, was however in retrospect, so that may have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Do people honestly think TF would get himself another 50 million plus fine ! I actually applaud the club for having the balls to make the right decision at the right time this time. McClaren is a very very very good coach and if we get this right then things are definitely looking up.
    No, but the truth is, we really don't know anything about the discussions that have taken place with regards to FFP. The hard line interpretation that we fell foul of a few years back has clearly been relaxed, hasn't it?

As I pointed out higher up the thread, Sunderland were allowed to make a substantial write off when their new owners came on board last month. Perhaps we have been offered a similar concession as part of some fresh investment in the club. Not saying that is definitely the case, I'm just saying that we shouldn't write if off as a possibility. It's been speculated in the press a few times recently that McLaren has some wealthy backers looking to purchase a stake in an English club.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Think no-one is against spending some money wisely. It would be possible if consortium could somehow invest so that it would increase our income.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Do people honestly think TF would get himself another 50 million plus fine ! I actually applaud the club for having the balls to make the right decision at the right time this time. McClaren is a very very very good coach and if we get this right then things are definitely looking up.

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    I'm convinced Ollie had been a dead man walking for a while, bless him. I think plans have been afoot for some time now.

Equally, SMcC isn't confirmed and if there is an element of a buy out involved - which seems unlikely - there could still be a lot of talking to be done.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post
    FFP is not about how much money you have.

Its about income v. costs. We have to little of the first and too much of the second.

Surely the club has learned its lesson and won't "go for broke" again?
    Just dont give "flip a coin Tone" any loose change.....

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    FFP is not about how much money you have.

Its about income v. costs. We have to little of the first and too much of the second.

Surely the club has learned its lesson and won't "go for broke" again?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Seems to me like this suggestion would be in breach of FFP. But, by the letter of the law, surely the recent sale and debt write off at Sunderland contravenes FFP regulations too, so who knows!

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Surely we can't spend if we're close to breaking ffp again just to gamble on being promoted. Thats like going back to 4 or 5 years ago. Utterly stupid if true

Leave a comment:

• qprmarc
    replied
    I'm pretty sure I said this around Christmas time about McLaren coming in and having a consortium behind him. Well I've heard the same again, who's part of the consortium I do not know, but they are willing to provide funds to strengthen the squad. I presume how this works is if we get promoted they get a certain percentage back on top of what they've invested. Don't know how this lies with FFP at all, but thought I'd pass on what I've been told. Les is/has been dealing with McLaren negotiations and has been for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    started a topic McLaren within 24hrs

McLaren within 24hrs

SM within 24hrs according to sky sports
Working...
X