Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Not exactly mate.

There were a number of newspaper articles in Jan/Feb, shortly after McClaren left Maccabi Tel Aviv suggesting that he wanted to return to the UK, and he had the backing of some seriously wealthy investors who wanted to buy an English club. Not too much info was known about these supposed investors, but it wouldn't be too much of a leap to assume the money was coming out of Israel given that was where McClaren had spent the previous year.
    There were a number of newspaper articles quoting Alex Nixon of The Sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      This whole investment/consortium/takeover theory was based on Fernandes's tweet as to why Holloway was let go as there was more to it than just getting rid. Maybe we have all over thought it and there is no more to it other than us appointing a manager? Remember his famous tweet of "his dream manager" we ended up with Ramsey so maybe we have all fell for it again.
      Strange that Holloway hasn't been quoted anywhere about his sacking though isnt it ?

Comment

• I'm not sure why many are expecting a big take over just because McClaren will be our new manager,I'd be amazed if there was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Strange that Holloway hasn't been quoted anywhere about his sacking though isnt it ?
          As said before, assuming he must have signed an agreement not to talk as part of his severance package. It's not usual for him to keep his gob shut, is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            I'm not sure why many are expecting a big take over just because McClaren will be our new manager,I'd be amazed if there was.
            It's more a case of being intrigued as to why the announcement is taking so long. Every man and his dog has known for a week now that McClaren is going to be the new boss. Why wouldn't it have been announced yet? Also Tony has suggested he will be able clear everything up in a few days on his Twitter account. Those in the know also believe that discussions with McClaren have actually been ongoing for a couple of months now.

Piece it all together and I would say that it suggests there is something more complicated at play than a straight managerial appointment. I am of course making a few pretty bold assumptions, but there are definitely some clues there that there is something going on!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It's more a case of being intrigued as to why the announcement is taking so long. Every man and his dog has known for a week now that McClaren is going to be the new boss. Why wouldn't it have been announced yet? Also Tony has suggested he will be able clear everything up in a few days on his Twitter account. Those in the know also believe that discussions with McClaren have actually been ongoing for a couple of months now.

Piece it all together and I would say that it suggests there is something more complicated at play than a straight managerial appointment. I am of course making a few pretty bold assumptions, but there are definitely some clues there that there is something going on!
              Indeed...The sacking of Ollie was swift , we then had the rumours of Steve McClaren taking over, now...silence ? Very strange ! Another 48 hours ?

Comment

Agree Tarbie this cannot be a straight forward replace Manager scenario based on TF's twitter comments earlier this week, when he stated it would all become clear soon. Not something to say unless there is something different to explain why you have asked the Manager to leave, so there clearly is or why say it?

Comment

• I'm getting another audacious contra-bid has dramatically entered the scene. Fronted by Ollie

it goes under the moncle of People In Nous Know Ian Excels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post

As said before, assuming he must have signed an agreement not to talk as part of his severance package. It's not usual for him to keep his gob shut, is it?

Exactly. Has a ring of Sunderland getting Coleman out before being taken over.

Though I could be wildly wrong of course and it is simply a case of dotting i's and crossing t's.

Comment

• Definatly think that a buy out of bungles shares are at play here.

Going back to the podcast that featured bungle, someone tweeted him stating that the club deserves a full-time hands on chairman who is focused on the club.

Bungles reply to that was "agreed".

if someone can dig that out on bungles timeline and post it here, that would be great.

#Feelitinmybones
                      #goinggoing

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Definatly think that a buy out of bungles shares are at play here.

Going back to the podcast that featured bungle, someone tweeted him stating that the club deserves a full-time hands on chairman who is focused on the club.

Bungles reply to that was "agreed".

if someone can dig that out on bungles timeline and post it here, that would be great.

#Feelitinmybones
                        #goinggoing
                        I'm starting to think the same mate. Or at very least some changes at boardroom level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post
                          Personally can’t see it being anything more than a manager appointment. If it was anything more surely it would have leaked out by now
                          Agree......Although Mac was looking with a consortium to buy a club earlier in the season.
                          OK he may now have decided not to continue with that, but until i see it in b&w that it's a fresh investment i'm not believing it.
                          Just to add if by chance it is fresh investment then what is that telling us about ffp, stadium, and training ground?
                          Surely no one of sound mind will invest with the threat of a massive fine, or an embargo.

Comment

• found it................

More
                            Replying to @DavidEFraser @QPRPod @tonyfernandes
                            Do you agree we need a chairman with a strong presence at the club and is able to show up at every game. Will you ever have the time to focus 100% on all matters QPR and if not why can't you appoint a vice chairman who does? I'd like to see Amit have greater influence at QPR.

2:09 pm - 25 Apr 2018
                            1. New conversation
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• It was also TF that said on the podcast that Les had had many meetings with SM over the last few months when asked about rumours of the interest in him becoming manager.
                              TF also stated he has no interest in selling his shares and will remain at QPR and that he has never lost the buzz for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                                I'm getting another audacious contra-bid has dramatically entered the scene. Fronted by Ollie

it goes under the moncle of People In Nous Know Ian Excels.

And Pinkie supplying the finance.

Comment

Working...
                                X