Thank you FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you FFP

I have been thinking about the change at the club, the development of youth into the first team, the end of the mercenaries and the sense of having our QPR back.

Who do we thank?

Holloway? He certainly did many of the above but his motivation was a lack of funds and options. I suspect there might have been pressures from elsewhere.

Ferdinand? He has a history of bringing expensive signings in with the intention of selling them on for more. We don’t know the true figures involved but I suspect Chery, Polter, Ngbakoto and Ariel brought little profit.

Hoos? He was here when the above signings were made and didn’t have any influence on the playing of youth.

Fernandes? No chance.

Which leaves us with FFP. The limiting of finances has forced the end of high earning mercenaries. The limit on funds meant we didn’t panic buy in Jan and thus forced the blooding of youth. If any our sadly sold on, it only goes to validate this approach (ie almost total profit from a very limited investment (training costs and wages))
    it also forces the manager to develop and pick his best team, instead of going out and trying to buy a short term gambled fix.

So after much thought my sincere thanks and credit go to FFP.

Hate the unfairness of ffp, the imbalance it brings and the killing a of ambition to smaller clubs.
    But i make you right, it has forced our hand, and we have a very decent crop of young players
    who i hope will stay with us and develop, before moving on, thus we get a big fee

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Hate the unfairness of ffp, the imbalance it brings and the killing a of ambition to smaller clubs.
      But i make you right, it has forced our hand, and we have a very decent crop of young players
      who i hope will stay with us and develop, before moving on, thus we get a big fee
      This !!! Totally agree. If clubs can’t spend over and above what they can generate will simply perpetuate the same clubs winning year in year out.
      Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

I think this was Fernandes thinking in the first 3 years in charge but then he came up against the ugly side of football. You might pay top dollar to players to join but that doesn’t guarantee jack #### when it comes to effort or desire.
        Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Working...
        X