X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Speaking of Tony, he's having some proper troubles with AirAsia at the moment, he did a sit down explanation of what was going on there on his Facebook. Watching some of it yesterday it did seem all is not well at all. It could be he's thinking of taking even more of a back seat at QPR.
    I've been wondering if this might be a factor in the lack of an announcement with regards to McClaren. Perhaps there is some truth to the story that he comes with the backing of a consortium, and the deal is a little more complex than simply announcing a new manager?

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Don't think it's going to be a transition.

Personally think today will be more than just a manager appointment.
    Feel that the direction of the club is about to change once again.

Bungles tweet of, 'all will become clear' gives me that impression.
    Speaking of Tony, he's having some proper troubles with AirAsia at the moment, he did a sit down explanation of what was going on there on his Facebook. Watching some of it yesterday it did seem all is not well at all. It could be he's thinking of taking even more of a back seat at QPR.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Rubbish bit of journalism that. Full of opinion and half truths. Not even worth debating in my opinion!

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Don't think it's going to be a transition.

Personally think today will be more than just a manager appointment.
    Feel that the direction of the club is about to change once again.

Bungles tweet of, 'all will become clear' gives me that impression.

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Agree with every word of your post Hubble, very well said. Unlike that very average piece of "Journalism" by Phelps

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    I think I'm right in saying this guy is actually in the minority among QPR fans here regarding McLaren?
    The vast majority of opinions I've seen on the man seem to be that McLaren would be a very good appointment, myself included.
    You are right Ginge, and I'd say he was wrong about pretty much everything else. Wrong that we could have had Rowett. Completely wrong about 'modern fans' - I'd say the complete opposite is true - i.e. modern fans are impatient and spoilt. I'd agree with Adam Borysiuk that we have, overall, had a solid season and that we are progressing. I don't share the desperation for immediate success, I'm glad the club is taking its time and steadying the ship. Lessons learned and being applied at last. Appointing McClaren would be a continuation of that.

I won't go into all the spelling mistakes and typos, I did that on LFW.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    I think I'm right in saying this guy is actually in the minority among QPR fans here regarding McLaren?
    The vast majority of opinions I've seen on the man seem to be that McLaren would be a very good appointment, myself included.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Nothing new there and just one person's opinion. I can't believe that the fella says that he wont stand for mid-bottom finishes and in the same article says that he thinks we should have kept Ollie on. The fact that Ollie has gone is itself an indication of the club's ambition to move on to better things. Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll get it right though.

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    We have been transitioning since 1882

Leave a comment:

• geejaybee
    started a topic Another season of transition?

Another season of transition?

http://backpagefootball.com/ian-holl...anager/118461/
Working...
X