X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another season of transition?

http://backpagefootball.com/ian-holl...anager/118461/

We have been transitioning since 1882
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Nothing new there and just one person's opinion. I can't believe that the fella says that he wont stand for mid-bottom finishes and in the same article says that he thinks we should have kept Ollie on. The fact that Ollie has gone is itself an indication of the club's ambition to move on to better things. Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll get it right though.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I think I'm right in saying this guy is actually in the minority among QPR fans here regarding McLaren?
        The vast majority of opinions I've seen on the man seem to be that McLaren would be a very good appointment, myself included.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I think I'm right in saying this guy is actually in the minority among QPR fans here regarding McLaren?
          The vast majority of opinions I've seen on the man seem to be that McLaren would be a very good appointment, myself included.
          You are right Ginge, and I'd say he was wrong about pretty much everything else. Wrong that we could have had Rowett. Completely wrong about 'modern fans' - I'd say the complete opposite is true - i.e. modern fans are impatient and spoilt. I'd agree with Adam Borysiuk that we have, overall, had a solid season and that we are progressing. I don't share the desperation for immediate success, I'm glad the club is taking its time and steadying the ship. Lessons learned and being applied at last. Appointing McClaren would be a continuation of that.

I won't go into all the spelling mistakes and typos, I did that on LFW.

Comment

Agree with every word of your post Hubble, very well said. Unlike that very average piece of "Journalism" by Phelps
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Don't think it's going to be a transition.

Personally think today will be more than just a manager appointment.
              Feel that the direction of the club is about to change once again.

Bungles tweet of, 'all will become clear' gives me that impression.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Rubbish bit of journalism that. Full of opinion and half truths. Not even worth debating in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Don't think it's going to be a transition.

Personally think today will be more than just a manager appointment.
                  Feel that the direction of the club is about to change once again.

Bungles tweet of, 'all will become clear' gives me that impression.
                  Speaking of Tony, he's having some proper troubles with AirAsia at the moment, he did a sit down explanation of what was going on there on his Facebook. Watching some of it yesterday it did seem all is not well at all. It could be he's thinking of taking even more of a back seat at QPR.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Speaking of Tony, he's having some proper troubles with AirAsia at the moment, he did a sit down explanation of what was going on there on his Facebook. Watching some of it yesterday it did seem all is not well at all. It could be he's thinking of taking even more of a back seat at QPR.
                    I've been wondering if this might be a factor in the lack of an announcement with regards to McClaren. Perhaps there is some truth to the story that he comes with the backing of a consortium, and the deal is a little more complex than simply announcing a new manager?

Comment

Not transition for me I think we have done that cycle and are coming out of it. The change I see as now making progress

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I've been wondering if this might be a factor in the lack of an announcement with regards to McClaren. Perhaps there is some truth to the story that he comes with the backing of a consortium, and the deal is a little more complex than simply announcing a new manager?
                        Exactly Tarbs, perhaps this consortium of McLaren's is looking to buy Tony out? Tony isn't the majority shareholder any more, Ruben is.
                        Which begs the question, would McLaren come in as manager, or just as a part of the board, with someone else coming in? The fact that the Dortmund II manager has reportedly turned us down shows we aren't guaranteeing McLaren would be taking charge as manager.
                        It's an interesting situation.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Really like the idea of McClaren coming in and think our young lads will really see the benefit as this is a man who coached the Man Utd class of 92 when they were at their peak. I will back anything that benefits our club on and off the pitch.

Comment

Exactly Tarbs, perhaps this consortium of McLaren's is looking to buy Tony out? Tony isn't the majority shareholder any more, Ruben is.
                            Which begs the question, would McLaren come in as manager, or just as a part of the board, with someone else coming in? The fact that the Dortmund II manager has reportedly turned us down shows we aren't guaranteeing McLaren would be taking charge as manager.
                            It's an interesting situation.
                            this sounds like you may well have hit the nail on the head.

a fresh start all round would be exciting.

7 years of bungle with nothing to show but debt and championship football is long enough.

bring on the Mc and co i say.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I think McLaren bring manager and part of consortium would be and dreadful idea. Kind of becomes the unsackable manager and could be very very messy

Comment

Working...
                              X