Did you enjoy Play Off experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    My son and I raided our Sky box last night as there are a few things on there I can't bear to part with. We watched
    1. The last fifteen minutes of the home game against Liverpool when we scored three goals to kick start our survival that season.
    2. The extra time in the play off semi versus Wigan. What a night that was. I have watched it loads of times but we noticed last night for the first time that when Charlie nips in and scores the winner he doesn't even see it go in. He instinctively knows he has scored and has turned around to celebrate. Fantastic
    3. Then the playoff final from when GON gets sent off. Such drama. Even though we know what happened we were both still nervous watching the injury time as Derby were all over us searching for the equaliser. The atmosphere with the flags and half the stadium singing OBZs name was something I will never forget.

This is why we go to football.
    Wrong. You support QPR. Having a drink with my Chelski mates who have been season ticket holders for yonks, "you lot going to Wembley Sunday ?" asks me..."dunno yet depends on her indoors" says one. "Promised the boy a fishing trip" says another...."Yeah suppose so" said another then he changed the talk from football to cars. Im thinking what a bunch of muppets they are clueless and devoid of love and excitement for the team you support. So glad I aint a supporter of that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Wrong. You support QPR. Having a drink with my Chelski mates who have been season ticket holders for yonks, "you lot going to Wembley Sunday ?" asks me..."dunno yet depends on her indoors" says one. "Promised the boy a fishing trip" says another...."Yeah suppose so" said another then he changed the talk from football to cars. Im thinking what a bunch of muppets they are clueless and devoid of love and excitement for the team you support. So glad I aint a supporter of that crap.
      Well, that is what I meant!
      Sorry I didn't put 'this is why we go to football at QPR' but I think it was pretty obvious that was what I meant.
      Those big clubs are not like us we know that. These rare experiences mean all the more as a result of that.

Comment

Crazy, Crazy days.

To win at Wembley is stuff of dreams and we did it the hard way. If you can guarantee a PO win then its the way to do it....Loved the whole of the playoffs but I was hammered by the time all the games kicked off cos I was too nervous.

I'd take winning the league every time though. Season long magic

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
          I loved it because we won. Hated going to Cardiff and losing, it is heart breaking.
          This. Stayed in Penarth the night before and blagged parking in Cardiff supporters car park which only made it worse afterwards.

Comment

Looking back, that was the first season I'd watched QPR in a few years due to being out the country. I hadn't followed us as closely when away from home so didn't fully appreciate the state the team was in and I didn't even really see the warning signs when we had our slump after McClaren left. On the one hand the football was a lot better than it has over the past three seasons (which has been really awful), and I did really enjoy us going to Wembley and winning, but it was all so fragile and it felt like we were constantly trying stave off disaster. Also, how many players did we go through? Our last PL team was an embarrassment. I enjoyed the experience but never want the club to be like that again. Hopefully one day we'll get promoted with a stable team and club.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              I could not get out of of Wales quick enough after the play off final In Cardiff.

me too! Saw some low life acts by those
              welsh ##### like blokes being hit while with
              their young sons, enough to make you weep

GO AND PLAY IN YOUR OWN LEAGUE
              IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY. #####

(sorry. Rant over!)

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I知 not just talking the final I知 talking the whole thing, build up to the three games then trek to Wigan before game back in bush and Wembley

im Pretty calm person but the 2nd leg was intense. That was four years ago today

Got say if we went up again I would prefer automatic, play offs were great but could be done without that pressure again
                The end result was a wonderful experience, but tbh i wouldn't want to go through it again. The Championship winning season was better, but thanks to the Faurlin affair it was also a bit nerve wracking. Give me a staright forward top 2 finish.

Comment

Working...
                X