Have been very suprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    From my reading it appears some are put out by the handling of the exit ie it kind of being open knowledge everywhere before ollie was told.

My view however is he was aware before end of season hence his bizarre behaviour
    My view is that if the rumours were around for a while, it’s almost inconcievable that Holloway wasn’t aware of the situation. Nobody could be that stupid, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

The reality is the one in the form book mate. That's the only one that matters.
      Yet again in your view. But any other opinion but yours is wrong. I have noticed that,

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yet again in your view. But any other opinion but yours is wrong. I have noticed that,
        This is a wild guess on my part, but I imagine that in deciding to replace Ollie the powers that be considered his form.
        And I think many people would accept that by the end of the season, the tables don't lie. Of course, my
        thinking that in the first place is subjective.

Put it another way. If his form since he'd been here was better, fewer people would be saying he should leave.
        I suspect - again a subjective opinion - that many of those allegedly wanting to retain Ollie are actually
        doing so for reasons of sentiment. But in the end, as a gaffer, you live or die by the form book.
        Agree?

Comment

This is a wild guess on my part, but I imagine that in deciding to replace Ollie the powers that be considered his form.
          And I think many people would accept that by the end of the season, the tables don't lie. Of course, my

Put it another way. If his form since he'd been here was better, fewer people would be saying he should leave.
          I suspect - again a subjective opinion - that many of those allegedly wanting to retain Ollie are actually
          doing so for reasons of sentiment. But in the end, as a gaffer, you live or die by the form book.
          Agree?
          Here's a question, what if McLaren or whoever replaces Ollie comes in and has a JFH type of start, then what?
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Agree

Comment

Agree?
              Yes I agree. But the fact I agree wasn't really my point. Others may have a different opinion and their opinion may be valid.
              Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 12-05-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Here's a question, what if McLaren or whoever replaces Ollie comes in and has a JFH type of start, then what?
                Ollie, JFH and Harry were all ludicrously indulged, I wouldn't want that. I would have given Harry the gold watch after the play off final (and said so at the time). We got up in spite of him, as events proved on the day (Clint called it right). On the other hand, Ramsey wasn't given enough time, and getting rid of NW for JFH was clearly insane from the day it happened.

Keep calm until the end of November!
                Last edited by hal9thou; 12-05-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

McLaren Out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    By the level of support for keeping Holloway, on this board fairly mixed, on Dotorg most of their board are suicidal, and loftforwords is fairly split in favour of Holloway staying or going.
                    Not counting Twitter as most so called fans on there have probably never attended a match.

I must have seen a different lot of home games to many as watching Holloway’s bizarre team selections and tactics left me cold. Just shows you how much slack a popular former player gets when coming back as manager.
                    Personally glad he’s gone as he appears to have lost the plot, his interviews consist of absolute tosh and his overall record is appalling, he had a large squad to choose from and would never keep a winning team.
                    look forward to someone just being a plain old manager/ coach as was sick of Holloway’s strange behaviour.
                    Lots of LFW posters on the subject have reacted as if we just sacked Pep. Holloway was pony. We were going nowhere under him. He got away with murders because he is Ian Holloway....can you imagine if it had been CR??? My favourite quote of his miserable tenure “was - ‘we must be more like Brentford”’. Glad he’s gone.

Comment

I am very positive, nay excited about next season already

Comment

Standard start then ,......i will give him time there is and should be less expectation on this young team

Comment

We gave JFH 15 games before the pitchforks came out. I'm hoping a bit earlier next season because I've got an impressive collection of them.

Comment

Ollie, JFH and Harry were all ludicrously indulged, I wouldn't want that. I would have given Harry the gold watch after the play off final (and said so at the time). We got up in spite of him, as events proved on the day (Clint called it right). On the other hand, Ramsey wasn't given enough time, and getting rid of NW for JFH was clearly insane from the day it happened.

Keep calm until the end of November!
                            Agree with that , especially about Redknapp. I also said that should have been the swansong for him, he was appointed to keep QPR up, but failed, however he got them promoted at the 1st attempt and that should have been it for him. Retirement on a high.

As for letting NW go, I (and others on here) also said at the time he should have been appointed.

I expect McLaren (if appointed) will have QPR in top half after about 10 games although he could do even better than that.

Either way, he gets my support.
                            Last edited by stanistheman; 13-05-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agree with that , especially about Redknapp. I also said that should have been the swansong for him, he was appointed to keep QPR up, but failed, however he got them promoted at the 1st attempt and that should have been it for him. Retirement on a high.

As for letting NW go, I (and others on here) also said at the time he should have been appointed.

I expect McLaren (if appointed) will have QPR in top half after about 10 games although he could do even better than that.

Either way, he gets my support.
                              I like the McLaren appointment if it happens, unless the squad is upgraded substantially I don't expect to be much better than mid table at best, hope I am wrong!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

I think, much like the barcodes disaster for JFH, the home game against Nottingham trees was a heads-up for the board, and someone must have had a word with Ollie/Birch. From that point on we changed to 4 at the back, with regular debuts for U-23's, and played with the freedom of players in their correct positions and the confidence of youth

I'm sad and disapponted for Ollie that he hasn't had the chance to build on what he's achieved this season - which must be tough on him. Despite some weird teamsheets I've genuinely enjoyed most of this season and renewed

Whether the board are waiting to link SM's appointment with something positive on Warren Farm, they need to get it sorted swiftly. Giving Ollie the tin tac, then leaving everything up in the air and open to speculation is poor form, but sadly just what we've become used to with Tone & co

Comment

Working...
                                X