Have been very suprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been very suprised

By the level of support for keeping Holloway, on this board fairly mixed, on Dotorg most of their board are suicidal, and loftforwords is fairly split in favour of Holloway staying or going.
    Not counting Twitter as most so called fans on there have probably never attended a match.

I must have seen a different lot of home games to many as watching Holloway’s bizarre team selections and tactics left me cold. Just shows you how much slack a popular former player gets when coming back as manager.
    Personally glad he’s gone as he appears to have lost the plot, his interviews consist of absolute tosh and his overall record is appalling, he had a large squad to choose from and would never keep a winning team.
    look forward to someone just being a plain old manager/ coach as was sick of Holloway’s strange behaviour.

Absolutely spot on. Every word. The thing that got me the most was his inability and stubbornness to see that things weren't working to the teams best potential. His lack of willingness to change things to try and find a better solution had everyone spitting feathers. Makes me wonder what the players felt about it.

Comment

I'm been hugely surprised too. I'd assumed most fans would see this as a positive move.

Comment

Meanwhile..... Derby beating Fulham 1-0 in the playoffs

Comment

If they can't see the reality, it isn't worth explaining to them.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            If they can't see the reality, it isn't worth explaining to them.
            Ever considered they may think their view is the reality?

Comment

I think it`s a mixed reason why people support Olli so strongly: It`s about the Old School syndrom, as well as the fact that many strongly want continuity at the club. If Olli would have gotten the chance to stay we would at least have had two seasons without a change of manager. Not sure it wold been a wise move when it comes to onfield success, though.
              Last edited by Shania; 12-05-2018, 10:33 AM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                By the level of support for keeping Holloway, on this board fairly mixed, on Dotorg most of their board are suicidal, and loftforwords is fairly split in favour of Holloway staying or going.
                Not counting Twitter as most so called fans on there have probably never attended a match.

I must have seen a different lot of home games to many as watching Holloway’s bizarre team selections and tactics left me cold. Just shows you how much slack a popular former player gets when coming back as manager.
                Personally glad he’s gone as he appears to have lost the plot, his interviews consist of absolute tosh and his overall record is appalling, he had a large squad to choose from and would never keep a winning team.
                look forward to someone just being a plain old manager/ coach as was sick of Holloway’s strange behaviour.
                Agree with all of that.

Problem is some people are like goldfish and only remember the last 5 minutes.

They will look at our last few games and make the assumption we are 'building something' when in reality he wasted over 80% of our season with terrible tactics, formations, starting XI's and substitutions. He alienated the fan base with stupid comments and dug out young players who were trying to find their feet at the highest level they'd ever played and not to mention oversaw record losing streaks for the club TWICE!

He was clearly forced to ditch his god awful 352 system by CR and only played youth when forced upon him.

Most of us would judge him on his whole tenure not the last month so I don't personally care what the blinkered few think. If it was any other person apart from a club legend people wouldn't care.

McLaren is a very good coach believe it or not and perfect for a club our size. Absolutely the right time to part with IH.

Comment

From my reading it appears some are put out by the handling of the exit ie it kind of being open knowledge everywhere before ollie was told.

My view however is he was aware before end of season hence his bizarre behaviour

Comment

No support from here didn't want him and glad he's gone to be honest Somewhere around 80-90 games in charge this time won 26 lost more than50% wouldn't say that was anywhere near good enough? oh and by the way tactically inept

Comment

I wasn't totally for Holloway being sacked but wasn't totally against it either. He had weird team selections, weird subs, only played well in one half, barely having shots away from home, persisting with out of form players, not playing players he bought in, dropping people who play well. Yes he has had to lower the wages and he done that which is great, but he didn't help himself with the other things I listed and that is all him and no one else.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        From my reading it appears some are put out by the handling of the exit ie it kind of being open knowledge everywhere before ollie was told.

My view however is he was aware before end of season hence his bizarre behaviour
                        Yes, I think you are right West. It explains a lot i.e. why he wasn't on the lap of honour etc.

Comment

there is no doubt Ollie loves Rangers, this and the death of his Mother and he most be at a low ebb at the moment. The timing was unfortunate, but I think it's the correct one
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Ever considered they may think their view is the reality?
                            The reality is the one in the form book mate. That's the only one that matters.

Comment

I have been supportive of every manager appointment recently except for Ramsey and threw my support behind him as well even though I didn't agree with his promotion, I thought Ollie had started to get things sorted out and was looking forward to next season with cautious optimism! I am under no delusions that we were going to be a top side in the division under Holloway or anyone else for that matter as long as the playing side remains close to what it is!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X