How much is the club worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, but at the expenses of one man losing millions. If it is done right, become a yo-yo club and don't throw your shirt at it you can take a very long term view and make a shilling. But football has a history of making sound businessmen very irrational.

Whatever happens, I'll support the team even in League 2. Actually, I'm less inclined to watch in the Premie5ship because I don't like the competition. If it's sustainable the championship is better, in my opinion.
    No, that’s the whole point of a return on investment. You make money, you don’t lose it. It doesn’t have to be at the expense of “one man losing millions”. Fernandes did this yes, and I am sure if he were starting again he would change it all.

Huddersfield, Blackpool, et al, have all shown that it does not have to be all about money. And with the new look QPR, a savvy businessmen might see see the club as an interesting opportunity (like Flavio before them) and make it work in the years to come. Or just sell out as soon as promoted.

Sure, it’s a gamble, but so is every investment. One might argue an investment of 10m on a striker, 10m on a centre half, and 10m on a centre mid, might secure promotion. That’s 30m investment, but yields 150m return once landed in the prem. A 5 x return on investment.

I am not talking about QPR here as a fan, or the merits of being a yo-yo club, I am simply responding to your misguided comment that the club is worth nothing and that any investor would be mad to become involved. Not true!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Good post jony but question. How would warren farm be an asset if we don’t own it and are only long term tenets
      Thanks Acton. It would be considered an asset because we have secured a 200 year lease.

Similar to most flats in London which have a 100 year lease. As per your net worth and credit history, you “own” your flat. Say you pay 500k for the 2-bed flat. And say you have 100k cash in the bank. Your net worth is 600k in total.

Apply the same logic to Warren Farm.

Comment

The problem for a buy out is that all the assets are vested in property. There is no massive, shirt buying global fan base. We don't fill LR. We're paying high interest to Ruben. Take the property out and the only way you're going to make money here is through promotion, because that is where the licencing wedge is. That's why the boom and bust approach which we've experienced doesn't work. You have to find a median that allows the prospect of promotion to the big table. I think the board get that, but they have to have the right manager in place.

Presumably QPR Holdings own the estate. Which effectively means the majority shareholders in the holding company own the estate - as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Working...
        X