How much is the club worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is the club worth?

Do you reckon if it should suddenly come up for sale?Debate raging at Blob Cottage - Blobbers says it could be as much as £100m,others less "optimistic" say closer to £40m.

£100m - £40m = £60m FFP fine.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

What did it go for last time when TF bought it, anyone know? Whatever that was this time could be more even though we don't have premier league football as we could now have a training ground to add to it too.

Comment

Bought his shares for 65 million

Comment

Not too much T.F bought his stake when in the prem that makes big difference. playing squad not worth too much no too many sellable assets But the ground is worth a few bob our debts would be our biggest problem on selling and maybe the FFP fine

Comment

You thinking of putting offer in Blobs

Comment

Depends on where we are with FFP really, doesn't it? If this 60m quid fine is a really gonna happen, added to the various other bits and bobs that were owed on the last annual accounts, we've got to be somewhere around 80m in the red. I'm guessing you could argue that the ground and playing staff could fetch around 100 to 120m if sold (taking a bit of stab at the value the land is worth). With that in mind I'd guess anyone parting with upwards of 20m to 40m quid, and agreeing to clear the various debts would be about on point.

Not really any point in Tony and Ruben selling for that though, is there? Pocket change to them. Better bet is that they stick with it and try to get us back in the top flight.

If we are talking about fresh investment in club, and the idea that McLaren may be coming as part of a consortium. My guess is they wouldn't be buying a majority stake in the club. More likely they would be looking to buy the Mittals shares, and perhaps some of Ruben's and/or Tony's. Dunno why anyone would want to do that though. The set up at the moment is unusual with Ruben's shareholding creeping up over time.
              Last edited by Tarbie; 12-05-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                You thinking of putting offer in Blobs
                Most certainly!

(Lend us a tenner)

Comment

How much would you pay for s club that has declared losses of £313m since TF took over? It's worth nothing but what you are prepared to subsidise it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Depends on where we are with FFP really, doesn't it? If this 60m quid fine is a really gonna happen, added to the various other bits and bobs that were owed on the last annual accounts, we've got to be somewhere around 80m in the red. I'm guessing you could argue that the ground and playing staff could fetch around 100 to 120m if sold (taking a bit of stab at the value the land is worth). With that in mind I'd guess anyone parting with upwards of 20m to 40m quid, and agreeing to clear the various debts would be about on point.

Not really any point in Tony and Ruben selling for that though, is there? Pocket change to them. Better bet is that they stick with it and try to get us back in the top flight.

If we are talking about fresh investment in club, and the idea that McLaren may be coming as part of a consortium. My guess is they wouldn't be buying a majority stake in the club. More likely they would be looking to buy the Mittals shares, and perhaps some of Ruben's and/or Tony's. Dunno why anyone would want to do that though. The set up at the moment is unusual with Ruben's shareholding creeping up over time.
                    Agree on this. Assets likely to be as follows: 50m stadium, 25m total playing staff, 25m Warren Farm. = 100m. Liabilities are the potential fine and any outstanding debt (bank loans). The former is anyone’s guess.

On the topic of why the owners might be interested in external investment, the simple reason is they lack the investment funds needed for serving any ongoing debts (which Ruben has been backfilling) or for investing in playing staff. Thus, they are willing to sell some of their stake to alleviate the investment/debt burden. Debts (annual losses) are now at a manageable level and approaching break-even. Now is the time for any new investment party to join the fray.

Why another party would be interested in taking up a portion of Rubens shares is that they view the current shares as undervalued, and that upon smart investment (and later promotion to premier league), the club (and their shares) will be worth considerably more.

Net net: its a win for Ruben and a win for any newcomer. Well, that’s the general thesis anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      How much would you pay for s club that has declared losses of £313m since TF took over? It's worth nothing but what you are prepared to subsidise it for.
                      Past losses are totally irrelevant, unless they continue year on year and affect the current year and future years. This is no longer the case. No buyer wants to come in and continue to fund losses. That is not a wise investment.... but is no longer the case.

The club 15/16 season (last season, not this one) was nearly at break-even in terms of income/loss. In addition, the club holds no long-term debt (the 313m accumulation you mention is not debt- it was written off).

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Past losses are totally irrelevant, unless they continue year on year and affect the current year and future years. This is no longer the case. No buyer wants to come in and continue to fund losses. That is not a wise investment.... but is no longer the case.

The club 15/16 season (last season, not this one) was nearly at break-even in terms of income/loss. In addition, the club holds no long-term debt (the 313m accumulation you mention is not debt- it was written off).
                        True, but sky money is going down too.

it's a brave investor who thinks they can get a return on their money from qpr. But if they want to invest £200m they should be free to do so. Good luck to them. If they lose their cash there will be someone else who will pick it up and do the same again.....

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

True, but sky money is going down too.

it's a brave investor who thinks they can get a return on their money from qpr. But if they want to invest £200m they should be free to do so. Good luck to them. If they lose their cash there will be someone else who will pick it up and do the same again.....
                          As sad as I am, I have analysed the P&L and modeled the forward numbers, Sky money (or rather lack of it) inclusive. The results are far from the general fan base narrative (in that all is doom and gloom). It is quite the opposite, especially if compared to our championship peers.

Contrary to what you suggest, I present the alternative. The time to invest in QPR is actually rapidly approaching. We are a relatively stable (mid-table) championship side, have a full squad under contract, and have a number of emerging talents. I would go as far to say we are a better proposition now, than when Flavio and Bernie E saw opportunity in us.

The thesis, same as Flavio and co, is that with some calculated investment, the club can reach the promised land. And thus the club will be worth 2 x as much at a minimum (+150m for promotion). That certainly comes as a risk (no investment doesn’t), but has a seriously good return if executed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

As sad as I am, I have analysed the P&L and modeled the forward numbers, Sky money (or rather lack of it) inclusive. The results are far from the general fan base narrative (in that all is doom and gloom). It is quite the opposite, especially if compared to our championship peers.

Contrary to what you suggest, I present the alternative. The time to invest in QPR is actually rapidly approaching. We are a relatively stable (mid-table) championship side, have a full squad under contract, and have a number of emerging talents. I would go as far to say we are a better proposition now, than when Flavio and Bernie E saw opportunity in us.

The thesis, same as Flavio and co, is that with some calculated investment, the club can reach the promised land. And thus the club will be worth 2 x as much at a minimum (+150m for promotion). That certainly comes as a risk (no investment doesn’t), but has a seriously good return if executed correctly.
                            Yes, but at the expenses of one man losing millions. If it is done right, become a yo-yo club and don't throw your shirt at it you can take a very long term view and make a shilling. But football has a history of making sound businessmen very irrational.

Whatever happens, I'll support the team even in League 2. Actually, I'm less inclined to watch in the Premie5ship because I don't like the competition. If it's sustainable the championship is better, in my opinion.

Comment

Good post jony but question. How would warren farm be an asset if we don’t own it and are only long term tenets

Comment

Working...
                              X