Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He was not the Messiah he was just a naughty boy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was not the Messiah he was just a naughty boy.

Now Holloway has gone a lot of people have been saying he was hard done by. So let us have a proper look at his record.
    Lost 50% of his games here.
    Reduced the wage bill. No Ferdinand did that.
    Played the youngsters. No when forced to play them he dropped them as soon as he could.
    Tactics I still think he was forced to change them or faced an early sacking.
    A lot of the youngsters would never had played if Mackie had not got injured and Washington had kept up his 1 goal in 10 average.
    He got stuck when lumpball to Smith didn't work.
    Thought he was too clever making numerous changes every week.
    In fact I cannot think of one good thing other than his enthusiasm for the club.

Santa's helper?

Comment

i'm happy hes gone but also feel for the guy, he loves qpr and oozes passion for the club. i think the timing was off maybe as he'd only lost his mum 2 weeks ago. it was a neccesary change though for the future of our club, too many negatives with ollies second spell but i do feel for him

Comment

So he did all the bad stuff but everyone else did the good stuff?
        Jeez.

Comment

Well maybe he did see the light all on his own after Notts Forest who had struggled to score all season beat us 5-2 or someone else told him to drop Smythe or Samuel after good games and scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Now Holloway has gone a lot of people have been saying he was hard done by. So let us have a proper look at his record.
            Lost 50% of his games here.
            Reduced the wage bill. No Ferdinand did that.
            Played the youngsters. No when forced to play them he dropped them as soon as he could.
            Tactics I still think he was forced to change them or faced an early sacking.
            A lot of the youngsters would never had played if Mackie had not got injured and Washington had kept up his 1 goal in 10 average.
            He got stuck when lumpball to Smith didn't work.
            Thought he was too clever making numerous changes every week.
            In fact I cannot think of one good thing other than his enthusiasm for the club.
            Hard to argue with a single word of that!

Comment

OP is spot on with everything he says, passion aside what did he actually bring to the table or deliver??

His job was to deliver a side on the pitch so that is where the debate is. Suppose there is an argument with regards were his hands tied because of what is referred to above, but he took the job knowing the landscape and backed himself to deliver but in my view has failed.

Have we got better since JFH went?? No, it’s as you were so if JFH got sacked for what he delivered I see no argument why ollie is special case when he’s more or less delivered the same

Comment

Agree with OP, forest game forced his hand or he was told change it or go.
                Personally I would have thought he should have walked after forest game but its probably down to contract clauses and money that he didn't, his statement after Leeds game was defiance as he knew he was going but as usual the stubbornness shone through, again maybe down to money being the deciding factor regarding terms of leaving the club. I was at Leeds and believe me we were dreadful so his comments about a contract extension was laughable.
                I wish him well and I like him but his time was up.
                A new chapter begins.

Comment

Hard to disagree with the OP.

What I will say though is that this argument has been had about a million times over the course of the last 18 months. For me, the matter is now closed. The board have seen sense and made steps to bring a stronger manager in for next season. They have also done it within a week of the season ending. The ideal time for a managerial change.

Personally, I'm going to try and stop having too much more negative stuff to say about Ollie. As I say, it's all been said before anyway. Instead I'm going to say thanks to Ollie for his hard work over the last season and a half. Even if I didn't agree with the execution of most of what he did, I can't ever question his desire or work ethic.

Onwards and upwards for 2018/19.

Comment

I don’t think it’s working. Your act is really poor. If you’’ve got any sense of dignity you’’’ll leave the stage. Quit while you’’re ahead. I’’’ll make sure you get a big round of applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

What I will say though is that this argument has been had about a million times over the course of the last 18 months. For me, the matter is now closed. The board have seen sense and made steps to bring a stronger manager in for next season. They have also done it within a week of the season ending. The ideal time for a managerial change.

Personally, I'm going to try and stop having too much more negative stuff to say about Ollie. As I say, it's all been said before anyway. Instead I'm going to say thanks to Ollie for his hard work over the last season and a half. Even if I didn't agree with the execution of most of what he did, I can't ever question his desire or work ethic.

I agree and believe I have said all there isfor me to say about him and his appointment etc.

He has gone and yes, the timing is perfect as it will give McLaren (or whoever else is appointed ) enough time to bring in his own players (budgets willing).

Comment

Holloway will probably go and manage Ipswich and get them promoted knowing our luck.

Comment

I’m not sure we will see him manage again

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Spot on

Comment

OK so he's not the Messiah , but apart from reduce the wage bill , win a few games , avoid relegation and build the aqueducts ....what did Holloway ever do for us ???? Splitters .

Comment

Working...
                              X