Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did tell you Holloway was going and McLaren was coming in ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Are you genuinely won over Rebs or giving benefit of the doubt
    Someone must have hacked into his account.

Comment

• If he comes, and he improves our away record, then I sincerly hope he will be here for more than one season. Continuity is the key that we need to develop this club further ......
      Last edited by Shania; 02-05-2018, 05:06 PM. Reason: too hasty.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        My tuppance worth on SM. I would not be against him he would be a significant upgrade but my memories of him last time under Harry were not of us playing great free flowing football if anything quite the opposite. We were defo well organised as unit under him but anyone who went Yeovil will know it was not the attractive
        We were never as free-flowing as people think - a lot of 1-0's if I can remember rightly but that game against Middlesbrough after Yeovil was about as good as it got....totally dominated - great stuff

Comment

• A couple of questions:

1: Would Mclaren be likely to want to overhaul the squad?
          2: If he was appointed would be in danger of having another "transition" season?
          3: Do we need to give Holloway another season with this squad before handing over?

Comment

• Would be an absolute coup.

He's a coach - not a manager. So that would fall in to the DoF system.

His pre season was a massive reason why we got promoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
              Would be an absolute coup.

He's a coach - not a manager. So that would fall in to the DoF system.

His pre season was a massive reason why we got promoted.
              My thoughts too mate.

Top quality coach. Would do wonders with these young players!

Comment

• Was ollie at last nights sponsors evening???

Comment

• I'd be in favour, but I also think Da Silva is pretty decent and still available (just) and no problems about working at our level.

Then again I wanted him here pre JFH. Oh well.

Steve maybe the better choice, but I see no footballing reason why you would choose him over someone like Da Silva.

Last edited by hal9thou; 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Will be very happy if this is true but I do find it strange that the media haven't really picked up on this yet or are we that insignificant now. Also sure I read somewhere a few months ago, McClaren was putting some money into a football club or did i dream that.

Comment

• Pretty sure this was when SM was here last with Arry. More passes then weve made all season!

Comment

• Pretty sure this was when SM was here last with Arry. More passes then weve made all season!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvKwADWHRA

Comment

• Hard and unfare to judge SM on his time here imo. We had 1 plan and 1 plan only, to get promoted in that 1 season! Didnt matter how we did it (lots of 1-0s) just as long as we were promoted. Blame that on TF and HR. Certainly going on that squad we didnt have development nor future in mind.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• McClaren "a massive coup" is some over statement ,clubs arent exactly lining up for him,if Holloway goes he'd be an adequate replacement but hopefully Holloway stays

Comment

• Think it was Joey Barton who said that it was "enjoyable working with a proper coach" when referring to McClaren

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                but hopefully Holloway stays
                                because then I'd be able to clean up with a few people ;) Wish him well but I think Ollie's limitations have been pretty well exposed. There is no single area of management in which he has distinguished himself for a long long while, sadly.

One word of caution. If Steve comes, that's great but not without a serious defence coach. The back door has always been Steve's weakness. In football terms, obviously ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X