Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did tell you Holloway was going and McLaren was coming in ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought there was rumours going around a little while back that schteve and some backers were looking to buy a club.
    Sunderland have just been taken over.

Edit...I'll just leave this here feb this year
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/55478...uy-club-leeds/
    Last edited by QPRDave; 01-05-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

You seem pretty certain this ain't true mate. Gut instinct, or do you know something?
      Gut instinct. Would imagine him going for a much bigger club than us.....with money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Gut instinct. Would imagine him going for a much bigger club than us.....with money.
        That was my gut instinct too when I heard his name mentioned. Ain't impossible though is it? Ain't like Steve McLaren needs the money. Between Boro, England, Newcastle, his stints in Germany, Holland etc., if he's been anywhere near sensible with his money he'll be a multimillionaire already. Maybe he fancies the job and Uncle Tony has promised him a big bonus if he gets us promoted.

Comment

I might be wrong but wasn't he a guest of Les at a match recently?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I might be wrong but wasn't he a guest of Les at a match recently?
            Yeah, month or so back.

To be honest, I reckon a manager like McLaren would be bang up for the job of working with the likes of Eze, Smyth etc. What better raw materials could you hope for as a manager who really likes to coach and improve players?!!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

So, just for the record hits, you would endorse this appointment?
              Haha your putting me on the spot now.

I would say, with Mc in charge, we would finish a lot higher than 15th, that's for sure.

Wasnt he scouting around with a consortium, looking to buy or invest in a club?

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Thinking about it this morning and I'd actually be very OK with this.
                He's not Sherwood or similar, plenty of experience, just wonder if he can work (or has worked) with little to no budget, and if he can work with youngsters?

"Agreed me old Spoon"

Comment

You do chat some right rubbish sometimes mate.
                  Firstly tarbs, i got him confused with clement, so my mistake, as for talking rubbish i probably know more about football than two of you together mate being as rugbys youre sport as youve come out with before i just cannot be bothered to go into so much depth as it becomes boring, anyway heres a few opinions on this great motivator:-

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...tting-12014321

admittedly just as he took the derby job on...
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Thinking about it this morning and I'd actually be very OK with this.
                    He's not Sherwood or similar, plenty of experience, just wonder if he can work (or has worked) with little to no budget, and if he can work with youngsters?

"Agreed me old Spoon"
                    Exactly at derby they had money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Firstly tarbs, i got him confused with clement, so my mistake, as for talking rubbish i probably know more about football than two of you together mate being as rugbys youre sport as youve come out with before i just cannot be bothered to go into so much depth as it becomes boring, anyway heres a few opinions on this great motivator:-

Can you dig up some links about hollowed from his Millwall days, or even while he was with us.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Yep Saturday was decent mate but games like that are few and far between. Probably get four or five dross games for every half decent one

if your marking season overall it’s been pretty painful with little bit of stardust scattered in here and there
                        But how the fook do you expect it to go from carp to excellent straight away westy, so naive to think thats how it should happen, its happening right now in the last soo many games and beforein bits, too many inpatient ones about who expect it all right away even though no new players were signed, will certainly be interesting to see how another manager would do but for me he`d be jumping on the good work thats started to show just like a jimmy flyod jumping on all of rowetts good work done before.

Comment

Pinks he won the dutch league mate i know hes not Ollie but he is a good fit for us .

Comment

That was my gut instinct too when I heard his name mentioned. Ain't impossible though is it? Ain't like Steve McLaren needs the money. Between Boro, England, Newcastle, his stints in Germany, Holland etc., if he's been anywhere near sensible with his money he'll be a multimillionaire already. Maybe he fancies the job and Uncle Tony has promised him a big bonus if he gets us promoted.
                            I mean money to spend !

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

You are a strange one, aren't you mate?!!

In the same post you've claimed to have far superior football knowledge than me, and also admitted you don't know the difference between Steve McLaren and Paul Clement. I don't really think I need to say a lot more, do I?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Can you dig up some links about hollowed from his Millwall days, or even while he was with us.
                                No mate as my keyboards decided to pack up

Comment

Working...
                                X