Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did tell you Holloway was going and McLaren was coming in ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Resigned due to a breakdown didn't he?

Hasnt had had success for a long time, hence him being on the tv. Time to walk away.
    Always feel he's a bit on the edge of reason, which is of course why the meedja love him.

I strongly suspect that pressure was applied to Ollie to change things round a while back, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

None of which means that he should be treated disrespectfully, did his best and he has chapter and verse with us, but the time really has come to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

I don’t think TF would do anything underhand. Doesn’t seem the type at all.

I’m certain IH will be treated with maximum respect & whatever happens it’ll be done in the right way.
      Fully agree Jimmy.

Don’t think he’s the right manager for us going forward, but deserves our full respect for what he has always tried to do for us.

Comment

I think this has legs as the club shop has put a big order for umbrellas in
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Quite like schteeeve. Could be a very shrewd move.

Comment

If Ian is leaving for those reasons then who can blame him, we all react in different ways.

Like someone else already said, when SM came in last time under HR, there was an instant change, and again when he left.

I'd welcome this move and think we may have a bright future after all, one thing is for sure, next season will be one good one under SM if true.

If IH was to stay, I hope he continues from where we left off.

Comment

If SM gets appointed after the Leeds game I would take it that the squad wont be getting decimated in the summer. Perhaps the odd sale to bring in some cash, but not a fire sale.

Comment

If Mclaren hadn't been here before, I probably wouldn't want him. But we know that he made us play some really good football in that spell when he was here. He already knows Raamsey etc so I just think this fits all around. He is respected in the game so the youth would look up to him.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't be upset if Holloway does stay on. Got the players playing for the shirt again, got players playing in the right position so the signs are positive. Could be too little to late but I would still be confident that we can flirt with play offs next season.

Comment

If SM takes over from IH, LF TF,LH have a plan, hope the plan includes CR, but where does that leave MB?
                  Now if SM, CR r happy to keep MB, all good, but MB, is a IH man
                  Also be interesting if SM, backed by LH &, LF, can persuade TF and RG for dosh.
                  If we can add to players to help AS, JB, ML LF, BOS,IE& MS then SM & CR & maybe MB could have a decent team on their hands.
                  But...if RG, TF can't be persuaded ,LF SM LH, to provide dosh then we could see AS, ML, or even LF sold, then SM must use GP
                  to find new players.
                  So in short LF,LH TF, & RG need to sit down with SM, or even IH and discuss
                  OK this QPRDave saying ttfn!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by QPRDave; 01-05-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

My tuppance worth on SM. I would not be against him he would be a significant upgrade but my memories of him last time under Harry were not of us playing great free flowing football if anything quite the opposite. We were defo well organised as unit under him but anyone who went Yeovil will know it was not the attractive

Comment

• Originally posted by qprdave View Post
                      if sm takes over from ih, lf tf,lh have a plan, hope the plan includes cr, but where does that leave mb?
                      Now if sm, cr r happy to keep mb, all good, but mb, is a ih man
                      also be interesting if sm, backed by lh &, lf, can persuade tf and rg for dosh.
                      If we can add to players to help as, jb, ml lf, bos,ie& ms then sm & cr & maybe mb could have a decent team on their hands.
                      But...if rg, tf can't be persuaded ,lf sm lh, to provide dosh then we could see as, ml, or even lf sold, then sm must use gp
                      to find new players.
                      So in short lf,lh tf, & rg need to sit down with sm, or even ih and discuss
                      ok this qprdave saying ttfn!!!!!!!!
                      F u n e m? F u n e x?

S. V f m n x

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        My tuppance worth on SM. I would not be against him he would be a significant upgrade but my memories of him last time under Harry were not of us playing great free flowing football if anything quite the opposite. We were defo well organised as unit under him but anyone who went Yeovil will know it was not the attractive
                        With the right players and seen what he has, I'm sure he'll keep it going.

Comment

• Would love it if he came. Always said he was my preferred coach.

Comment

• QPR owner Tony Fernandes has not ruled out a departure for Hoops manager Ian Holloway once the season comes to a close.

In an interview with The QPR Podcast, Fernandes outlined his aims and ambitions for the future, as well as giving an update on Holloways managerial security.

The Rangers owner graded himself as a C+ since joining the London club in 2011.

He joined the club in their first season back in the Premier League, and has overseen two relegations and one promotion since his arrival.

QPR have had an average season in the Championship this campaign, and will finish in mid-table, currently lying in 15th.

The Malaysian is optimistic for the future, whether that be under Ian Holloway or not.

He said “The manager has had his highs and has had his lows.

“We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season: ‘Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad? And then you make your decisions from there.”

Holloway returned to Loftus Road in 2016, after having a spell with the Londoners between 2001 and 2006.

In 79 games since his return, Holloway has overseen 29 wins for the Hoops, averaging a 32.9% win rate.

Promotion is the aim for every club going in to a new season, and that will be no different for QPR going in to next years campaign.

Holloway secured the Championship status of Rangers in 2016 after it looked like they may face the drop under Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

However, Fernandes may look for new blood during the summer as they look for a return to the top tier.

http://the72.co.uk/101435/qpr-owner-...loways-future/

Comment

• TF hasnt a clue how to run a club,he is an utter clown,Holloway shouldn't have got the job but the clown gave it to him,and with no money to spend he has kept up up 2 years in a row. Holloway has brought the kids on and instilled a good team spirit,he should be left in charge for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                TF hasnt a clue how to run a club,he is an utter clown,Holloway shouldn't have got the job but the clown gave it to him,and with no money to spend he has kept up up 2 years in a row. Holloway has brought the kids on and instilled a good team spirit,he should be left in charge for next season.
                                Are you genuinely won over Rebs or giving benefit of the doubt
                                Last edited by West Acton; 02-05-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X