Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did tell you Holloway was going and McLaren was coming in ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Can you ask yourself is Ollie standing down?

Comment

• Little bird tells me it's between Schteeve, Wenger and Steve Evans,...at the moment Evans has the bigger pull
      as he will bring Marriot with him........................hiding in his crib box

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Little bird tells me it's between Schteeve, Wenger and Steve Evans,...at the moment Evans has the bigger pull
        Who the fark is Evans?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Who the fark is Evans?

Comment

Little bird tells me it's between Schteeve, Wenger and Steve Evans,...at the moment Evans has the bigger pull
            Wenger!

Comment

• Hard to argue with appointing McLaren (at least at this level he'd be a safe bet). Althoooough, if we were to risk it for biscuit I wouldn't mind giving someone like Paul Cook a chance. More than likely finishing top with Wigan in league 1 which is his 3rd promotion in 5 years (I think?). The Irish league isn't up to much of a standard but he still brought Sligo Rovers up to the most dominant position they've ever been in or will ever be in in their history and is clearly good with youth players since it was him Seamus Coleman played under before going to Everton.

Comment

Oh that guy! It's a no from me lol
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by AllsWellThatEndsWell2 View Post
                  Hard to argue with appointing McLaren (at least at this level he'd be a safe bet). Althoooough, if we were to risk it for biscuit I wouldn't mind giving someone like Paul Cook a chance. More than likely finishing top with Wigan in league 1 which is his 3rd promotion in 5 years (I think?). The Irish league isn't up to much of a standard but he still brought Sligo Rovers up to the most dominant position they've ever been in or will ever be in in their history and is clearly good with youth players since it was him Seamus Coleman played under before going to Everton.
                  Kudos - first post and you come in with a blockbuster like "risk it for a biscuit" - haven't heard that in many years
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hard to argue with appointing McLaren (at least at this level he'd be a safe bet). Althoooough, if we were to risk it for biscuit I wouldn't mind giving someone like Paul Cook a chance. More than likely finishing top with Wigan in league 1 which is his 3rd promotion in 5 years (I think?). The Irish league isn't up to much of a standard but he still brought Sligo Rovers up to the most dominant position they've ever been in or will ever be in in their history and is clearly good with youth players since it was him Seamus Coleman played under before going to Everton.
                    Why would he want to leave Wigan for us? Why would Wigan let him leave?

Answers on a biscuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Oh that guy! It's a no from me lol
                      Were you like that before your recent weight loss Ginge?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Were you like that before your recent weight loss Ginge?
                        Not far off Brights
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

Kudos - first post and you come in with a blockbuster like "risk it for a biscuit" - haven't heard that in many years
                          Well where I live, in Galway, Ireland I actually hear it every other week at a minimum, it's a great saying that's due a revival imo

Comment

Well where I live, in Galway, Ireland I actually hear it every other week at a minimum, it's a great saying that's due a revival imo
                            I listen to Dublin 104FM online, especially their weekday evening phone in shows, and I hear that saying all the time
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Why would he want to leave Wigan for us? Why would Wigan let him leave?
                              Well in both questions you could replace Wigan with Portsmouth and be in a similar-ish situation to the previous season. Cook won League 2 and a couple weeks later left for the recently relegated Wigan. Maybe it comes down to nothing other than money, I know we're not flush with cash these days but if we can afford McClaren we can afford Cook who surely wouldn't command near the same salary, then I suppose the next question is could Wigan pay the same?

Comment

I suppose the next question is could Wigan pay the same?
                                Nope. The next question, which applies to all applicants, is why would they come here?

We aren't a bigger club than Wigan, and this season they've consistently played much better football, cup comps included. To parachute into this madhouse, working under a jury out DoF, with no final say is quite an ask. Olly was prepared to do that on the cheap. If the terms and conditions are the same as when he arrived, the new gaffer will probably be from the Northern Prem. Or similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X