No announcement yet.

Prem relegation complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think West Brom will do OK if Darren Moore stays, and they can keep the momentum of the last few weeks going.

I think Swansea and Stoke will both have issues shifting their high earners and will probably sink like a stone!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

This. He did a nice job wheen he was at Fulham and It was not fault that Arnautovic was sold from Stoke.
      No no no. He got lucky at Fulham, players and fans have comnmented on the reality.

He will be remembered as a manager for his association with the king of megabuck agents. Unfortunately, with a couple of exceptions, the vast majority of the money he spent (and allegedly accrued is knock backs from Kia) went straight down the khazi. Even at Man C, where a couple of bits of business came good, he spent near on 250m. He is not loved there either.

Wherever Kia and Hughes went, they spent as much as possible while serving up dire football. The saw Uncle coming a mile off. He was perfect for them. The mercenary aspect (which raise its head here and as Stoke) meant nothing to them. Players were a trading commodity.

He was originally thought of as crown prince in waiting to Fergie, But the old boy knew. Those days are long gone.

Last edited by hal9thou; 10-05-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

He was crap at Fulham, but lucky. Haven't you seen that interview with Hangeland?

"Brede Hangeland has confirmed that Fulham only finished 8th under Mark Hughes in 2011 because the players decided to completely ignore his tactics."

"“When Hughes came in he wanted to change some of the defensive principles that Roy had installed,” he said. “This was, of course, pointless, but you have to go with the manager’s ideas.

“Around Christmas, we were in the relegation places and that’s when a few of us got together and decided to play the way we used to play. The effect was instant, we beat Stoke away and went on to finish 8th that year."
        Sorry, Hubble. I saw that interview. it was Roy Hodgson he praised. My bad.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          not so sure about that Shania, I've never seen a player react to a previous manager the way Arnautovic did against Hughes
          Ok,ok. I was wrong
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

No no no. He got lucky at Fulham, players and fans have comnmented on the reality.

He will be remembered as a manager for his association with the king of megabuck agents. Unfortunately, with a couple of exceptions, the vast majority of the money he spent (and allegedly accrued is knock backs from Kia) went straight down the khazi. Even at Man C, where a couple of bits of business came good, he spent near on 250m. He is not loved there either.

Wherever Kia and Hughes went, they spent as much as possible while serving up dire football. The saw Uncle coming a mile off. He was perfect for them. The mercenary aspect (which raise its head here and as Stoke) meant nothing to them. Players were a trading commodity.

He was originally thought of as crown prince in waiting to Fergie, But the old boy knew. Those days are long gone.
            But on the other hand, he wasn`t excatly hated there, was he? Famous last words: It will be interersting to see what he can do at Soton. Maybe it will his last chance in Premiership. I somewhere read that he will be offered a longterm contract with them..

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I get that Moore has done well at Albion, but they went down under his tenure. Just like Rangers did under Ramsey. Why are people predicting a different outcome for them when the similarities between them are so uncanny?

As for the Wooly headed bellend, not a chance should he get credit for anything. If Saints give him a deal I hope he buys as badly as he has done everywhere he's been, devises clueless tactics again and they go down as they will deserve it.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

For what it is worth: Maybe Hughes would have been a better manager and football man without Kia? Just a thought?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Don't forget City rattled 7 past Hughes Stoke earlier this season and as has been pointed out Stoke are unlikely to do Hughes any favors, so it is still possible, unlikely yes but I may stick a tenner on it at the weekend and see what odds I get. Would be very very funny, listening to Hughes earlier today, it was almost the same interview that he gave when we stayed up, they won't be in this position again on my watch, no because you'll get sacked again before they are relegated, you muppet.

Comment

Carvahal leaving the swans end of season

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      Not complete! Imagine this scenario: Stoke hate Hughesless so much they allow Swansea to stick 5 past them, meanwhile City thrash the dour ####'s team 5-0. Bingo, Soton are down. Now that would be priceless.
                      Now that i like, and the post a couple down about stoke players booting the ball in their
                      own net, ....oh if only carlsberg did final games!

Comment

This. He did a nice job wheen he was at Fulham and It was not fault that Arnautovic was sold from Stoke.
                        Is that Arnautovic who despises Hughes ? Also heard Buckland and Adam talking about the toxic players in the dressing room that Hughes brought in.......QPR mark II....the fella can't help himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Is that Arnautovic who despises Hughes ? Also heard Buckland and Adam talking about the toxic players in the dressing room that Hughes brought in.......QPR mark II....the fella can't help himself.
                          Him and/or Kia J.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Him and Kia J.
                            exactly. you got it.

Comment

Working...
                            X