Frank Lampard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We are not in a situation where we can experiment.
    or play the sentiment card (again)......

Comment

Surely both experimenting and sentiment would apply to Wild Thing joining. I did say that FL could work as an assistant to SM and would lift the young lads having a guy with his experience around the place. But doubt we could afford to pay Ollie off let alone afford both SM and FL. But I would be happy with that pairing and don't give a stuff about the Chelsea connection.

Comment

I'd say Lampard as a coach, well respected ex player but never in a million years as manager or assistant. Needs to pay his dues first, Gerrard has at least been youth coach for the year or so. Lampard has just been doing TV work.

Comment

Maybe FL with an experienced assistant as Sheepy suggests. Could do well but totally untried which would be a huge risk at this level. That said we are stuck with Ollie so may as well get used to it!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            we are stuck with Ollie so may as well get used to it!
            Do I not want to hear that!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Giving Frank work would be a less bizarre decision than making Les DoF.

Surely we’’d end up with Uncle ‘Arry as DoF.....?
              He’ll be touting himself as a ‘Wilkins old favourite type coach’ under the new Chelski manager in the Summer IMO. Won’t be Rix or Williams for sure.....

Comment

Working...
              X