Frank Lampard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Lampard

If IH is to leave then what would you think of Lampard as Manager with SM is his mentor/assistant. I believe FL is looking for his first job after passing all his coaching badges. Or FL assistant to SM....
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 08-05-2018, 07:29 AM.

Yeah that'll end well................and quickly

Comment

Lampard seems to be cut from a different cloth to Ashley Cole and John Terry. My update to the first post was FL to the assistant to SM

Comment

Rather him than Stevie G. But it answer to your question, no to Frank Lampard.

Comment

No ta.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That's just wrong
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Would prefer Frank Spencer......think he’d fit in well as Ollie’s number 2.

Comment

I like Lampard as a person. Speaks a lot of sense and seems a genuinely nice fella. Couldn't have someone as Chelsea as that here as manager though. I know people will point to Ray Wilkins, Paul Furlong, Gavin Peacock, and God knows how many others over the years that have played for and/or managed both sides. But Lampard just lives and breathes Chelsea, and it would be pretty hard to get over that. Also worth noting that not many top players go on to be top managers, and a lot of young managers fail at their first attempt.

Better options out there for me!

Comment

Hahaha somenes on the windup, and Terry's his number 2 haha
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Well we already have the song, 'Big Fat Big Fat Frank, Big Fat Frankie Lampard' as the West 'Am lot sang in contempt. Won't be long if he's appointed before we're sadly singing that I would guess. But does seem a nice bloke, as is Ollie...

Comment

In any case, we've probably got more chance of a coaching team of Anton Ferdinand, John Terry and Dennis Wise than Lampard joining up.

Comment

Wouldn't be adverse to FL as long as he had a decent assistant, sad to say I would prefer Frank to Olly, so surely that says something. I don't really have an issue with Chelsea players/Managers coming to the R's, although I would struggle with Terry but he is about the only one.

Comment

A lot of these ex England players come out with things like 'I have played and learnt from some of the top managers'. But when it comes down to it they have learnt nothing.
                          They get a few jobs because of their name then just fade away. The only job available to this type of player is Southgates.

Comment

Given a choice between Ollie and Frank, I'd take Frank. He's a lot saner, and knows his football. Prefer the idea of SMcL and Frank.

Giving Frank work would be a less bizarre decision than making Les DoF.

Comment

No disrespect to the OP but what is people's obsession with 'name' footballers suddenly becoming viable managers? I just don't get it.

There is sooooo many strings to a managers bow apart from tactics only experience can teach you. That's why these people need to start at youth level and win titles, cups, move up to the reserves do the same if capable and then they should be looked at to become a number 2 or lower level manager.

Being a good player guarantees you absolutely nothing as a manager. It's chalk and cheese.

We are not in a situation where we can experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X