Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Wrong.
    Other sites are trying to be competitive with us.
    This is by far the best rangers forum out there.

BTW, where is Kevin Mc?
    Have not seen him post for a while. Hope he is alright.
    The timelag is particularly slow in the Peoples Republic of Uxbridge. Kev is still posting on the old board. This board doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Originally posted by agoodm View Post
      Right, new server... Enough resources to run the site as designed now without breaking my piggy bank. I've got all of the caching enabled at the moment with the configuration recommended by VB. This seems to cause a delay in posts appearing for guests only, which is acceptable. If you're logged in you see updates immediately. At least in my limited testing. Any comments re this welcomed?
      seems to be working so far...

Comment

I spoke too soon. My posts not showing on the forum page yet. It's still showing 77's post as the last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

The timelag is particularly slow in the Peoples Republic of Uxbridge. Kev is still posting on the old board. This board doesn't exist yet.
          I believe Kev made it on earlier as it showed him as being logged in.
          RE: post not showing on forum page, same here but things are starting to get fixed.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            special cases just followed on with their own conspiracy theories.
            Not sure who you were referring to, but as MYU happily confirms, of course the site needs revenue and of course the upgrade will faciliate that. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Otherwise, like I said, there wouldn't be much point in doing it (the upgrade). I don't think that is conspiratorial. I think that'scommon sense. No one is suggesting that huge revenues are being accumulated. You need to sell an awful lot of data for that ;)

It is also undeniable that there is some censorship in terms of a language code. And that also exists because of a perception that any advertising will run a mile if someone uses a bad word.

I think of you're going to get into mods / admin you need to be fairly thick skinned.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

There's a few MIA since the upgrade, Kev Mc, Weare to name but a few, once all the issues are resolved, we will try to reach out to all missing members and help them get back on.
              Good to hear fraggy
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                This is what I get when I click the numbers on notifications

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
                Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin
                That seems to be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Not sure who you were referring to, but as MYU happily confirms, of course the site needs revenue and of course the upgrade will faciliate that. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Otherwise, like I said, there wouldn't be much point in doing it (the upgrade). I don't think that is conspiratorial. I think that'scommon sense. No one is suggesting that huge revenues are being accumulated. You need to sell an awful lot of data for that ;)

It is also undeniable that there is some censorship in terms of a language code. And that also exists because of a perception that any advertising will run a mile if someone uses a bad word.

I think of you're going to get into mods / admin you need to be fairly thick skinned.
                  I think Brighton put you straight at post #21 but never mind. MYU has since clearly set out the position as to why he does what he does and what his ambitions have always been. The site has been running at a loss for several years and MYU invests his own money to keep things rolling but I guess that's just not enough for some
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Don’t worry about WeAre, suns out and he will be doing overtime lifeguard duties in the swimming pool

summer is when he really makes his money
                    Last edited by West Acton; 05-05-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Apologies for bringing this up again, but I have been having trouble with this upgrade since we were discussing the situation in this thread. When I was part of the admin team, we did bring up these issues regularly along with various others, but nothing ever seems to get resolved. Just reading through again, it seems that Alan changed to a more powerful server, but despite his efforts, the problems don’t appear to have been sorted. Well, not for me anyway, but there’s every chance I could be causing it my end.

Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same things. Would be grateful if people would post up any problems they are still having, or if none, what they did to fix it. The reason I ask is that despite reporting various problems, I was always given the impression that it wasn’t affecting as many people as I imagined and thought it would be an idea to guage the extent of the issues in order to assist Alan in fixing any that remain.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        I posted this 3 days ago
                        well ffs i still can't see it!!

Comment

We are being hacked by the ghost of Pinkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I believe Kev made it on earlier as it showed him as being logged in.
                            No idea whether he's finally reached here or is just not visible ;)

EDIT: Re what still isn't working. Posts which have actually been published don't alway show up in the 'my recent posts' drop down. It feels like parts of the update either weren't installed properly or simply hadn't been road tested by VBulletin. That wouldn't be a first.....

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Apologies for bringing this up again, but I have been having trouble with this upgrade since we were discussing the situation in this thread. When I was part of the admin team, we did bring up these issues regularly along with various others, but nothing ever seems to get resolved. Just reading through again, it seems that Alan changed to a more powerful server, but despite his efforts, the problems don’t appear to have been sorted. Well, not for me anyway, but there’s every chance I could be causing it my end.

Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same things. Would be grateful if people would post up any problems they are still having, or if none, what they did to fix it. The reason I ask is that despite reporting various problems, I was always given the impression that it wasn’t affecting as many people as I imagined and thought it would be an idea to guage the extent of the issues in order to assist Alan in fixing any that remain.
                              No, I think the problem is still universal, I´ve tried many different systems and browsers, all have the same issue. And links to last post in merged threads, don´t work. And the navigation links at the bottom of pages on my android mobile browser, don´t work properly, but then again I´ve got an old phone. With vB being proprietary software, you would like to think they could offer some kind of help in sorting out these issues. If not, you might as well use free software. There is plenty available.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

When I was admin I just went into the control panel and cleared the cache. That solved the issue instantly with all posts appearing and updating. I no longer have access to that now though. And yes, it's the same problem for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X